Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure if Iranian athletes need psychologists.

I remember once they brought a mullah for a psychologist. Or they would send someone who is not qualified to get a free trip.

I was told there are a dozen of administrative people from Iran, why?

Ping Pong players All lost. Boxing lost. Volleyball lost. How many psychologists with various expertise to have?

Most of us on the site have been a player of some sort. I have done my share of competitive sport. Athletes must focus on the sport and give 120%, 100% is not enough at Olympics.
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Screw this. What a shitty Olympics so far. I smell another 2008.
      Last edited by _Navid_; 08-07-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Even Kosovo has a friggin medal already. Gold medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
          Even Kosovo has a friggin medal already. Gold medal.
          Bessos jan;

Iran will get GOLD medals, not one but several. I have a feeling Iran will do better but so far it has been very poor.
          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
            Bessos jan;

Iran will get GOLD medals, not one but several. I have a feeling Iran will do better but so far it has been very poor.
            I know Iran will get its medals eventually, but my frustration is directed at the past few days.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
              every player have a excuse, nima lost and said i trained in tehran and is above sea level the ball hit faster in humid weather the ball is slowly, i was like dude, you could have trained in shomal, same weather. elahe ahmadi did well, the problem is also iranian atletics dont have psycologist, if you remmber for wc 2014 CQ got a psychologist for TM. the rest of the sports cant handle the pressure in iran while in other countries girl who is 16 get gold in swimming, that is because psychologically she is ready and cant handle the pressure
              This is my humble personal opinion, and this is definitely not my field of expertise, but it is not the need of psychologist but the up bringing from a very young age. Let me elaborate. I spent many years in Iran, and I also spent many years in the USA and from my experience I can tell you that American kids are raised with a COMPLETELY different mentality. American kids, specifically the ones that their parents invest in their development and focus on athleticism, really drive the point that they are the best, are going to be the best and are aiming to be #1. Combination of that mentality, working hard, motivation, having access to the necessary equipment and above all the drive results in what you see today. Of course there are always exceptions, and sometimes just pure raw genetic talent, but most of the time it is just complete devotion. Take Michael Phelps for example, the dude would practice 8 hours a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                If you were in Europe (like me) you would be beyond pissed. Because the match started 3.30 AM. That means no sleep at all.
                Yeah I know how you feel.

Iran v Argentina in 2014 WC was at 3:00 am for me and I felt so depressed by the end of it, that I could not sleep that night at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rofl I have a feeling this will be the worst Olympics ever..

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                    Rofl I have a feeling this will be the worst Olympics ever..
                    It can't be worse than 2008

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                      It can't be worse than 2008

2008 wasn't the worse Olympics we had. We won 1 gold 1 bronze.
                      we had many many Olympics without gold. and we had many Olympics were we won just two medals (and no gold).

as I said earlier, Iranians tend to get too optimistic too quickly. After London 2012, now ppl take minimum 12 medals and 4 gold granted....
                      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

^^the problem with iran is that we have put all our eggs in few basket!! there are 28 sports in Olympic and we are represented in 15 of them. But we know only 2-3 of them we are good at!

If those 2-3 perform well, we get medals, if not we end up with nothing. We need to diversify in other sports to have a chance of getting more medals, otherwise it is the same story over and over
                        IRI = FAILED

Comment

calm down! None of our medal hopefuls have even competed yet. lets take a deep breath and stay calm we have our guys left in it. and vboll no they wont win any medal so forget that it was obvious from before arg game

Comment

what an idiot lol

http://video.varzesh3.com/video/1209...A-%D9%87%D8%A7

Comment

Another day at the olympics with the following iranian participating (All times in CET):

Shooting Men´s 10 Meter Air Riff - Pouria Norouzian
                              Time: 14:00 CET (09:00 local)
                              Chances: Zero to reach the finals

Rowing - Mahsa Javer
                              Time: 15:00 CET (10:00 local)
                              Chances: She has a tough race, doubt that she will perform well. But would be more than glad if she would be successfull

Shooting Female´s 25 Meter Pistol - Golnoush Sebghatollahi
                              Time: 19:00 CET (14:00 local)
                              Chances: No real chances for the finals

Judo Men´s 100 KG - Javad Mahjoub
                              Time: 20:20 CET (15:20 UTC)
                              Chances: I have no clue, maybe here are some experts regarding Judo. But it would be sick if we could at least come Close to a medal

Judo Men´s 81 KG - Saeid Mollaei
                              Time: 21:00 CET (16:00 UTC)
                              Chances: I have no clue, maybe here are some experts regarding Judo. But it would be sick if we could at least come Close to a medal. I assume Saeid´s chances lower than those of Javad.

Swimming Men´s 200 breast stroke - Aria Nesimishad
                              Time: 23:50 CET (18:50 UTC)
                              Chances: Zero. He is just 16 years old and his Qualification Time is the weakest in his heat (first one). But I would be more than proud if he could advance to the next round.

Enjoy the games, guy. And don´t Forget, it´s just Sport. We have bigger Problems in Iran. Let´s just enjoy the fact that the foreign media reports about iranian sportsmen.

Comment

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Mahsa Javar is on again tonight in the repechage (kind of like a second chance to qualify) to see if she can qualify for the quarterfinals.

She was doing so well in the heats two days ago that the Aussie commentators were going on about how amazing it was that an unknown in Mahsa was in third (meaning she would have qualified for the quarterfinals already)

She capitulated right at the end and came fourth. I think when our athletes are in strong positions, they start doubting themselves, doubting if they are worthy of such a placing.

She was probably thinking "as long as I don't go out today, it's a great effort by me"

We are very pessimistic people...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X