Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good old weightlifting, wrestling, and taekwondo will say if this is another 2008 or not. i would be happy with a 2000 or a 2004.

Comment

russian guy up now

Comment

Swimming is coming up next.

Arya will be competing against a New Zealander, Belgian, Estonian, Taipei and Kyrgyzi.

It is starting at 13.50 (Brazil) / 21.20 (Tehran)

Don't expect much from Arya though, because he holds one of the worst records of all participants.

Comment

russian won, he will face the canadian in quaters

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
            russian won, he will face the canadian in quaters
            Not important for any Iranian.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
              Not important for any Iranian.
              you sure if the russian go to the final you wont care any more?

Comment

rules have changed people are saying here.

Comment

We were just discussing for the past 2 pages about the rules of Repechage, and came to the conclusion that they only count for the losing Quarter-finalists, as of Beijing 2008.

Comment

So only thing worth to watch today is volleyball, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                      So only thing worth to watch today is volleyball, right?
                      Well, there is also Archery:

Women's Individual 1/32 Eliminations
                      Time: 15:39 (Brazil)
                      Zahra Nemati

She might win against the Russian and advance to the round of 32.
                      She is not a medal hopeful though, but it might still be fun to see her make it far.

And of course, there is Swimming. Our 16 year old boy Arya will be competing with the big guys.

An Iranian participating in Olympic Swimming is a rare occurance, so it's definitely worth watching. It's in about an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                        Wow Arya will do the breastroke tonight and he is only 16!

I know on paper, he has no chance to qualify for the semi-finals, but I will be rooting for him all the way!

I've always wanted Iran to be good in Swimming, and see them battle it out with the Australians in the pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Yes but just a point of comparison Penny Oleksiak is 16 too...she has a silver and bronze and will be in 3 more competitions with a chance for 5 medals!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

how is the shooting going?

Comment

Did Mahsa Javar make the final in women's single scull? It says she got 2nd in her heat but there are multiple semis so I'm not sure how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
                              Did Mahsa Javar make the final in women's single scull? It says she got 2nd in her heat but there are multiple semis so I'm not sure how it works.
                              she got 3rd, she didnt make it

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                                Yes but just a point of comparison Penny Oleksiak is 16 too...she has a silver and bronze and will be in 3 more competitions with a chance for 5 medals!
                                Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                                NOT a good comparison.

If you look at Iranian parents or culture which have been discussed under this thread, for example, American athletes put much more hours in training and have access for better facilities. Many non Americans come to the USA for training, even Jamaica sends its athletes to train in the USA.

One American gymnastic mentioned after retiring, she did not know how to deal with outside world because her life was gymnastic This should not be compared to Iranian. In China and Eastern Europe, it is worse. They separate children from parents from age of two to three and work on them. NO Iranian parents will accept that.
                                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Working...
                                X