Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats up with this swimming, will it be televised or not?
    he's in heat 1 at 18:50 CET

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
      she got 3rd, she didnt make it
      This says she got 2nd in semi and is in Final E on Friday https://www.google.com/search?q=iran...2Cnull%2C20%5D

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
        whats up with this swimming, will it be televised or not?
        he's in heat 1 at 18:50 CET
        just checked IRIB 3 which is a sport channel. Idiots are showing a family medical show.

There is no good coverage of Olympics even at government controlled and paid TV channels. IRIB is using public funds to broadcast non sport related shows in a sport channel. They are assuming people are fools.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
          just checked IRIB 3 which is a sport channel. Idiots are showing a family medical show.

There is no good coverage of Olympics even at government controlled and paid TV channels. IRIB is using public funds to broadcast non sport related shows in a sport channel. They are assuming people are fools.
          I'm gonna watch it on Danish TV anyways.

Comment

varzesh tv is hsowing olympics 24/7 they will show nemati shoot arrows

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
              Yes but just a point of comparison Penny Oleksiak is 16 too...she has a silver and bronze and will be in 3 more competitions with a chance for 5 medals!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
              One is from Canada where she has the full support of everyone in that country and is given the best opportunities and facilities.

The other is from Iran, a country which in the most modern swimming pool in the country, the roof leaks and the water is frigid because the heating system is broken.

There is no comparison between these two, dameh Arya garm who will atleast be swimming with these guys.

Comment

Swimming finished.

Arya finished last.

It was not a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                  Swimming finished.
                  Arya finished last.
                  It was not a surprise.
                  Yes I watched too. 2:20.18 was his final time. Good for him to qualify. Hopefully he can improve going forward. Here is his instagram for anyone interested:
                  http://instagram.com/aryanshd

Comment

NOT a good comparison.

If you look at Iranian parents or culture which have been discussed under this thread, for example, American athletes put much more hours in training and have access for better facilities. Many non Americans come to the USA for training, even Jamaica sends its athletes to train in the USA.

One American gymnastic mentioned after retiring, she did not know how to deal with outside world because her life was gymnastic This should not be compared to Iranian. In China and Eastern Europe, it is worse. They separate children from parents from age of two to three and work on them. NO Iranian parents will accept that.
                    maybe but if the child become a olympic champion they will accept, training in iran is beyong weak

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                      One is from Canada where she has the full support of everyone in that country and is given the best opportunities and facilities.

The other is from Iran, a country which in the most modern swimming pool in the country, the roof leaks and the water is frigid because the heating system is broken.

There is no comparison between these two, dameh Arya garm who will atleast be swimming with these guys.
                      My point exactly. Although the most modern pool I ever swam in was in Iran tbh (Kish Island).

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

NOT a good comparison.

If you look at Iranian parents or culture which have been discussed under this thread, for example, American athletes put much more hours in training and have access for better facilities. Many non Americans come to the USA for training, even Jamaica sends its athletes to train in the USA.

One American gymnastic mentioned after retiring, she did not know how to deal with outside world because her life was gymnastic This should not be compared to Iranian. In China and Eastern Europe, it is worse. They separate children from parents from age of two to three and work on them. NO Iranian parents will accept that.
                        Indeed.

The truth is, in Iran you still need to work at a 9/5 job even if you're an Olympic athlete. And when you've finished your 9/5 job, you still go and drive a taxi because the 9/5 job isn't giving you enough money to live on. So how much time does that leave for you to train?

These athletes from Iran who make it to the Olympics deserve respect to be honest.

Comment

I will be back in 3 hours

Comment

Indeed.

The truth is, in Iran you still need to work at a 9/5 job even if you're an Olympic athlete. And when you've finished your 9/5 job, you still go and drive a taxi because the 9/5 job isn't giving you enough money to live on. So how much time does that leave for you to train?

These athletes from Iran who make it to the Olympics deserve respect to be honest.
                            There are other problems inside of Iran. I watched a video of Ali Daie opening another store inside of Iran. In this video many were interviewed including Ali Daie. Ali Daie said he obtained permits to represent THREE large companies (Niki, Adidas and Reebok).
                            I asked myself how come? Would you and I get ONE permit to represent these large companies, the answer will be NO. This is another problem inside of Iran.
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Next up is our Flagbearer Zahra Nemati.

Archery.

Competing in the round of 64 against the Russian Inna Stepanova.

Time: 15.39 (Brazil) / 23:09 (Tehran)

Comment

Indeed.

Well I know many of our taekwondo team from 2008 was full time athletes. It depends on the potential of every athlete.

Well here in Denmark many of the athletes competing also have a part time job on the side, so not only in Iran!

Comment

Working...
                                X