Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a tough sport. he did well. bravo!!!! he just ran out of gas in this match. at this point it is just physical strength
    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Guys, you need to relax. These guys are all there with only their own hard work and determination and we all know this and have always known this. Huge props to this guy. Unlike what you may think he was so composed and focused. He could have packed it in and lost 15-3 but he kept fighting and he never looked pissed or given up. Don't forget he finished 31st (or close to that) in 2012 olympics and now he is 4th! Be proud. He truly deserves it. The Korean guy was ranked 3rd in the world!

Huge props to him. I am proud for sure, no matter how disappointing it is to not see him win a medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Narse View Post
        it will not be like london, not even close. rather something like sydney or athents in the best case.
        i dont agree, your pissing everyone off! we have good chance in weightlifting, since russia is not there, teakwando also , and wrestling as well.

Comment

Lesson of the day:
          add one 4th place in Fencing next to already existing 3 in Boxing and 5 in Judo.

Comment

it will not be like london, not even close. rather something like sydney or athents in the best case.
            Doesnt your team have a game at 9 vs. South Africa? Go watch that

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
              Doesnt your team have a game at 9 vs. Denmark? Go watch that

Comment

calm down. well done to mr abedini. he ran out of gas but until he didnt he was insane bravo. historical result for iran

Comment

loool iranian commentator happy with a forth place. with this mentality even pakistanis will get better than us.
                  Don't say "us", on this forum us means Iranians, not iraqis

Comment

Guys I think this is his Instagram page. Go show him some support.

https://www.instagram.com/abedinimojtaba/

Comment

Damesh garm. What an accomplishment. Nobody expected him to get this far. With years of sanction, most likely very limited training facilities for fencing, and I am willing to bet he still has a 8-5 job and a family to support, he accomplished a lot. He deserved a medal, but still doesn't beat the fact he had 5 back to back matches and gave it everything he has. I don't know the average age of a fencer, but according to Wikipedia he is 31 years old, I would love to see him compete 2020.

Comment

Below are all the events for Iranian athletes on the 11th August

Shooting
                        Women's Qualification
                        Time: 09:00 (Brazil) / 16:30 (Tehran)
                        2 Iranian athletes will compete:
                        Mahlagha Jambozorg
                        Najmeh Khedmati

Volleyball
                        Men's Preliminary Round
                        Time: 09:30 (Brazil) / 17:00 (Tehran)
                        Iran - Cuba

Judo
                        Men's -100 kg Round of 32
                        Time: 10:28 (Brazil) / 17:58 (Tehran)
                        Javad Mahjoub (Iran) - Toma Nikiforov (Belgium)

Comment

wooow 77kg weighlifting, the kazak broke the clean and jerk record by 4 kg, he lifted 214kg

Comment

This will take me some time to get over though.. I'm going to sleep. Or try to.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                              This will take me some time to get over though.. I'm going to sleep. Or try to.
                              I'm spending the night pretending to be partying.

Comment

Some videos following Abedini's match. Very sad. I feel very bad for him, but he did so well and we should be so proud of him. Some young Iranian kid watching him was inspired and will be a future Fencing Olympic medalist for Iran.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI8mpOigRPs/
                                https://instagram.com/p/BI8nkhCg3SK/

Comment

Working...
                                X