Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is actually annoying but idk which one is more: Bad Luck we have in every single sport or The amount of stupid people who had no idea what fencing was until Abedini's match. Suddenly every single Iranian in Instagram became "kar shenas". I am so pissed right now. Btw when i saw the tears in the eyes of Abedini and Fakhri(his manager) i felt so bad for those guys. Abedini surely deserves more and i hope he will get that god damn respect and financial help he 100% deserves.
    Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
      Some videos following Abedini's match. Very sad. I feel very bad for him, but he did so well and we should be so proud of him. Some young Iranian kid watching him was inspired and will be a future Fencing Olympic medalist for Iran.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI8mpOigRPs/
      https://instagram.com/p/BI8nkhCg3SK/
      This is frustrating to watch.

On one side it is depressing to see him like that.

On the other side I'm frustrated because his tears will probably be forgotten by tomorrow. He won't receive any support or better facilities to train even after what he did today.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
        This is frustrating to watch.

On one side it is depressing to see him like that.

On the other side I'm frustrated because his tears will probably be forgotten by tomorrow. He won't receive any support or better facilities to train even after what he did today.
        actually a person who get so high, can get sponsership from abroad also he can train abroad and go better competition i am sure the fencing federation will try it best we need to remmber 4 years ago was the first time iran participate in fencing since 1900 and one our 2nd competition we came 4th, that is very goood, of course he can become like ehsan hadadi who won silver in london and got little to none support and this year he is not doing well and not in the best form and i dont think he can win a medal unless he throw big discus

Comment

Will Abedini be able to compete in 2020 or will he be too old?

Btw, I don't know if you guys noticed, but the American that beat Abedni ended up not winning gold. He lost just like Abedini 18-5. I wonder if they wore each other out and ended up hurting both of them in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Ata View Post
            My heart cant take this anymore. rozo shab nadaram. baba ye medal begir ma sarbala berim sare kar farda
            Ata, thanks for your passion.
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Every single one of your posts is negative. We all get frustrated when things don't go our way, but constantly complaining about it is childish. Nobody is impressed that you called it when our countrymen lose. Except maybe yourself. Spend your mental energy supporting Iran instead of trying to impress everyone here that you called the loss. If your life sucks and you're just a negative person, keep it to yourself. We don't want to hear it all day every day.
              Payam, thanks for your time.

Comment

I was so shattered last night. Really thought we will medal.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                  I was so shattered last night. Really thought we will medal.
                  Yes, it was too close.

Comment

Originally posted by Ata View Post
                    My heart cant take this anymore. rozo shab nadaram. baba ye medal begir ma sarbala berim sare kar farda
                    I truly feel you man. We really needed this to start off our medal race

Comment

Some videos following Abedini's match. Very sad. I feel very bad for him, but he did so well and we should be so proud of him. Some young Iranian kid watching him was inspired and will be a future Fencing Olympic medalist for Iran.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI8mpOigRPs/
                      https://instagram.com/p/BI8nkhCg3SK/
                      based on their comments, iran was again robbed by referees. it is not the first time happening! there is something going on. especially if iran fight against americans and europeans, the referees favor almost always the westerners.

Comment

Abedini told Mehr News correspondent in Rio that he had done his best to make happy his nation by a medal anticipated at home; “the referees, I think, was not unbiased and in both matches with the US and South Korean rivals, they did not give me few scores I should have received; anyway, Iran’s fencing has done a giant leap forward and it will be a matter of time receiving a medal in future Olympics,” he told Mehr News. “I apologize to my nation for not getting the medal.”

http://en.mehrnews.com/news/118827/A...f-bronze-medal

its clear they want americans to win as much as possible!

Comment

must watch video

https://www.instagram.com/p/BI9W_MnAlOL/?taken-by=irivf

Comment

this seems to be the most corrupt olympic games of all time. in boxing, it was already clear that iran will be robbed, but now fencing too. perhaps the same thing will happen in taekwondo, wrestling, and weightlifting.

for example, russia should have been completely banned in these games. but most of them can participate. or just look qatar, "azerbeican", or turkey with their bought foreign athletes. ioc is a big shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                              poles are famous for such actions. in euro 2016, they also behaved very bad.

Comment

Classless pricks.

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X