Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
    It is Olympics.
    Put away your differences and compete. If you do not wish to shake hands, then do not compete.
    Not good for Olympic spirit.
    i agree is a sore loser mentality

Comment

weightlifting is at 00:00 CET, right?

Comment

yes 00:00 denmark time , german tv says 0:10 oclock .

Comment

Hamid Reza Zouravand finished 54th in the men's 20km race walk.
          asset.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson05 View Post
            Jackson05, welcome to Iranian website.
            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
              Hamid Reza Zouravand finished 54th in the men's 20km race walk.
              [ATTACH]17004[/ATTACH]
              damesh garm

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson05 View Post
                In Tehran is at 6:30am on Saturday.
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
                  How do you know that there are not Iranians who are trying on international levels to bring glory to Iran?

First of all, there are Iranians who are not Iranians any more because of Iranian regime. Yaani, they do not wish to be associated to Iran because of IRI but are doing well internationally. For example, 30% of NASA in Pasadena, California are Iranians.

Secondly, there are Iranians who are competing on international level. Iranian film makers are doing well. I am involved with a film which has taken five years to produce it. It should be done in one or two more months. I will post a link on this site once it is available. I have already won an International prize. I am NOT a film maker. But support people in this field and have invested money in it which mostly have been loss. Glory comes with a price and it is not free nor easy.

Iranian students used to bring international fame in various fields.

Iranian doctors are bringing fame to Iran. In California alone, every hospital has one or two top physicians.

Athletes' job should be similar to Mahdavi-kia NOT like Ali Daie. Mahdavi-kia is a good example of glory for Iran and all Iranians. Ali Daie was good up to a point. Now, Ali Daie is exploiting Iran and its market for his own financial gain. He has a USA green card, he may take his wealth and move to the USA similar to the many Iranians who moved to the USA and Canada, and other countries.

Athletes get injured (this is understandable), but those who are not injured must sacrifice many things to do well internationally. If they do their best, we should be happy. Molaie in 2016 Rio Judo received three un-necessary yellow cards. This was not acceptable.

Iran and Iranians have invested in their people, athletes included. One is now wrestling for Azerbaijan after wrestling for Iran 4-5 years. I have a problem with these type of Iranians.

To sum up, we all need to do something in our fields to bring glory to Iran.
                  I did not say there are not Iranians trying on international levels. I was specifically referring to people in this thread bashing the iranian olympians for not bringing metals.

Comment

Not sure if I can keep awake for weightlifting 😅😴

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                      This is exactly the mentality that has kept up back in the past 35 years. All our rival countries are increasing the metal tally and improve year by year but we should be happy with yearly downgrade based on these kind of opinions.
                      You reply does not have anything to do with what I said... I didn't really represent a mentality in my reply.. I said that people should stop shitting on our athletes for not bringing home medals. They tried and made it to the Olympics, just like any of you could have but didn't.. On the contrary, I think people like us on these forums waiting for a specific group to achieve something in the name of our country or whatever, is the type of mentality which keeps our nation behind as a whole..

Anyways, it bothers me that people bash these athletes when they don't win a medal... dameshoon garm for trying with the conditions they face...

Comment

not worthy of a thread.. but LOL messi is back!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Daei View Post
                          not worthy of a thread.. but LOL messi is back!!!!
                          good. i want to face his little white ass in 2018 wc so we can get our revenge on this little prick.

Comment

good news kianoush is just below tiao in weight so he will win it if they finish equal

Comment

anyone have good links?

Comment

In 20 minutes Iran is going to war

Comment

Working...
                                X