Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    singapore just won its first ever gold 100 butterfly and new OR also
    guy beat his idol
    ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
    Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
    Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
    midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
    forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
    Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

2.30 Tehran time not 3.30

Comment

wow taftian 0,01 faster than GBR seems like he will make the semi unreal effort!

Comment

Taftian has made it. Funny how Japanese guy ran 10.20 and was praised so much for his start. Taftian was not even mentioned. He was the second fastest person to qualify from those who did not finish top 2 in their heat. Well done to him. He has done great. We are for sure not known for athletics.

Comment

Unreal by Taftian!!

Damesh garm - he's already accomplished way more than anyone expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              Unreal by Taftian!!
              to be fair he ran 10.04 just weeks ago so this was not out of the blue

he is a true iranian cheetah

Comment

Well done Taftian. He now has to really run the race of his life. If he can get close to 10 flat he might have a chance to get into the finals.

Comment

A semi for him and another good run he can be in the final 8 he need a good start I notice he finish very strong

Comment

[QUOTE=Ab-Gosht;2397297]to be fair he ran 10.04 just weeks ago so this was not out of the blue

he is a true iranian cheetah[/QUOTE
                    10.04 he can get to the final I believe in semi u have to be top 2 and there will be 4 semis hence 8 go to the final

Comment

[QUOTE=ehsan singapore;2397300]
                      Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                      to be fair he ran 10.04 just weeks ago so this was not out of the blue

he is a true iranian cheetah[/QUOTE
                      10.04 he can get to the final I believe in semi u have to be top 2 and there will be 4 semis hence 8 go to the final
                      I think it is 3 Semifinals - 24 semifinalists so 8 in each.

Must be top two in each and then the 2 best runners up from all 3 heats.

Comment

Guys, what happened, is Taftian out or still in? if in, when is his next run?

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                          Unreal by Taftian!!

I think I am the only one who is not suprised, I saw him run at a meet a few months ago and he came in 3rd place with a great pace. He is only 23 too.

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                            Lol. I just accidentally watched 2 Iranians compete in Athletics.

Taftian did pretty well in his heat. He came third with 10.17 for 100m. He is in contention to go into semi finals as one of 8 best runners who did not finish top 2 in their heat.

Fingers crossed!

Edit: Also so many Bahranian and Qatari's winning their heats - just for the record they are not Bahraian or Qatari and the commentators are making that very clear!
                            And Turkey too...a former Jamaican runner is now sprinting for them...

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                              And Turkey too...a former Jamaican runner is now sprinting for them...

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                              Turkey is the new Qatar even Turkish media isn't happy with this situation because nearly 20% of Turkish olympic team is filled with foreigners.
                              Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

he can try and finish top 3, and hopefully be in the final

Comment

Working...
                                X