Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
    We can get more gold then 2012. Our boys just need to focus. Salimi will hopefully get another gold and we can get 3 maybe from wrestling.
    Apparently Salimi is here just to fill the numbers. he got injured recently, and has acknowledged that he is not favourite to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
      Apparently Salimi is here just to fill the numbers. he got injured recently, and has acknowledged that he is not favourite to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Our wrestling will make up for it, no need to worry boys.

Comment

I don't know why we didn't take another lifter in the 105kg+ class such as Bahador Molaei?

Hashemi today was not really competitive, and Barari tomorrow is very unlikely to get a medal based on his recent lifts and the competition he is facing.

I don't want to see the big Georgian beat Salimi, it would be good to have another iranian like he had in London for 105kg+ category.

Comment

Congrats to all Iranians again!
          Damesh garm.
          2 more medals from weightlifting would be amazing. It's a shame our weight lifters can't emulate practice form as well in the actual tournament.

Comment

What time is greco-roman tomorrow? Also will United World Wrestling televise the matches?

Comment

Originally posted by Soosk View Post
              What time is greco-roman tomorrow? Also will United World Wrestling televise the matches?
              I posted earlier, begins with Hamid Sourian qualification at 15:00 CET, 17:30 Tehran time.

Comment

thank you very much.

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                I posted earlier, begins with Hamid Sourian qualification at 15:00 CET, 17:30 Tehran time.

Comment

An interesting research paper about 2016 Olympic Predictions:
                  http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/upload...redictions.pdf
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

This was such a huge heartbreak last Olympics and BS! Saeid got screwed.

Hopefully he redeems himself tomorrow! Does he have a good chance? Which of our wrestlers are expected to do well? Sorry, don't know much about the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                      This was such a huge heartbreak last Olympics and BS! Saeid got screwed.

Hopefully he redeems himself tomorrow! Does he have a good chance? Which of our wrestlers are expected to do well? Sorry, don't know much about the sport.
                      Both of our wrestlers will face tough opponents. If they win, they will face easier opponents. Are the draws intentional? instead of being random?
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Hassan Taftian is running the 100m semi-finals tomorrow at 8:00PM EST

Comment

Earlier this year: Hassan Taftian vs. Usain Bolt. Usain, as expected, finished 1st, Hassan finished 3rd. He won bronze.

He seems like a slow starter but a great finisher.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            I don't know why we didn't take another lifter in the 105kg+ class such as Bahador Molaei?

Hashemi today was not really competitive, and Barari tomorrow is very unlikely to get a medal based on his recent lifts and the competition he is facing.

I don't want to see the big Georgian beat Salimi, it would be good to have another iranian like he had in London for 105kg+ category.
                            Bahador is injured. He was in a car accident recently

Comment

Though draws in wrestling. I hope we can get a medal today.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                                Hassan Taftian is running the 100m semi-finals tomorrow at 8:00PM EST
                                I think that's 02:00 CET 😐

Comment

Working...
                                X