Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic watch (2016 Rio news, qualifications, athletes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
    Most of the semi-finalists will be under 10?
    I very much doubt that would happen, not in a semi-final at least.

but don't get me wrong, it will still be a BIG ask for Taftian to make it through to the final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My bad what I meant is that most of guys who will make it to the finals will be under 10

In 2012, all the finalists could run under 10 sec. The last qualified made it with 10.02 and finished 7th in the finals with 9.98.

Anyways I'll be watching it and I hope he will make it and break his personal record. A final in such a difficult discipline for an Iranian is already something to be proud of

Envoyé de mon D6603 en utilisant Tapatalk
    Last edited by dcpp; 08-14-2016, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
      Guys lets not forget about Taftian running in the semis of the 100m sprint. Have we ever made it to the final of this event before?

By the way it's in less than 2 hours time.

Shame I will be at school, but hope the math teacher will be a OG a put it on the projector for us![emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I will try to stay awake to see him

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
        farzan is the best out of all weights and we have also mehdi who is also ranked nr1 in the world. also mardani can win. in women we have 17 year old kimia who is the biggest talanet in the sport and she won a grand prix beating all of the best. so even she could win gold. unlikely but 4 gold is in reach only in taekwondo
        to our disadv is the new rules in the sports where headkicks now get electronic points and not like before were refs had to give head points
        I don't know much about taekwando but I would guess that taking some judgement power away from refs will be an advantage for Iranian athletes rather than a disadvantage

Comment

Taftians qualification time is 7th in his semifinal group but he has run 0.13 s faster than that this year. Hopefully he can qualify.

Comment

he is heat 1, the good thing is that, not many well known people , he has to become top 2 or a fast 3rd

Comment

Let's hope we can get a medal in Volleyball!

Comment

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                Taftians qualification time is 7th in his semifinal group but he has run 0.13 s faster than that this year. Hopefully he can qualify.
                When does it start? in 20 min?

Comment

He finished last of his semi final. He was good until the middle

He had a nike shirt and was acting like Usian bolt before the race

Comment

Taftian didn't qualify from his group.

Still it is amazing for an iranian sprinter to get to the semi final of the Olympic 100m

Comment

Dameh Taftian garm! We have zero tradition in track. Much love and respect to him.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        Taftian didn't qualify from his group.

Still it is amazing for an iranian sprinter to get to the semi final of the Olympic 100m
                        if taftian go to us and train there 4 years later he can do well, look at schooling of singapore, train in singapore won gold in swimming

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                          Dameh Taftian garm! We have zero tradition in track. Much love and respect to him.
                          Sorry didn't see you ask about the time. Hope you didn't miss it.

Comment

Saman Tahmasebi and Sabah Shariati both Iranians from Sanandaj, are wrestling for Azerbaijan. Apparently, they are better than both of our own 85KG and 130KG wrestlers.

WTF? Honestly, if this is because of their so-called Kurdish grievances, then F them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                              Saman Tahmasebi and Sabah Shariati both Iranians from Sanandaj, are wrestling for Azerbaijan. Apparently, they are better than both of our own 85KG and 130KG wrestlers.
                              WTF? Honestly, if this is because of their so-called Kurdish grievances, then F them.
                              Both of them had no chance years ago to get invited to TM as we had planety other wrestlers, that was the reason.
                              Personally I think the coaching staff should have not negleted them, but who am I to question Mohammad Bana, the best coach ever, whom I respect endlessly!
                              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                                Both of them had no chance years ago to get invited in TM as we had planety other wrestlers, that was the reason.
                                Personally I think the coaching staff should have not negleted them, but who am I to question Mohammad Bana, the best coach ever!
                                Really? If that's the reason, I'm more OK with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X