Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosnian Soccer Player Linked with Los Angles Galaxy

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2872062/z...galaxy-sources

Paris Saint-Germain striker and pending free agent Zlatan Ibrahimovic is in discussions to play in Major League Soccer, multiple sources told ESPN FC.

The 34-year-old, who is out of contract in July, confirmed on Friday that he will not return to the French champions for the 2016-17 season, but he did not announce his next club.

Ibrahimovic, who joined PSG in 2012, has been linked to the LA Galaxy, Manchester United and former club AC Milan in recent days.

LA Galaxy president Chris Klein declined to comment on Ibrahimovic when contacted by ESPN FC, but one source said should the former Ajax, Barcelona, Inter Milan and Juventus forward reach an agreement with MLS, his destination would indeed be the Galaxy.

"I think it's going to happen," the source added.

But another source with knowledge of the talks characterized them as "delicate."

How exactly the Galaxy would accommodate Ibrahimovic on their squad if a deal is consummated isn't entirely clear.

First, the Galaxy would need to acquire his discovery rights, which a source confirmed are currently held by the Philadelphia Union.

And with Giovani dos Santos, Steven Gerrard and Robbie Keane already on the books for Bruce Arena's team, the five-time MLS champs already have the maximum three "designated players" whose full salaries are not subject to a team cap under MLS rules.

Another high-earning player, veteran Dutch midfielder Nigel de Jong, is expected to step into Gerrard's DP slot when the 18-month-contract that the former Liverpool captain signed last summer expires in December.

Asked if he was planning on moving any of his designated players, Klein said he was not.

But there are rumblings out of Los Angeles that Keane, who turns 36 in July, is mulling retirement after this season. And one source admitted that "it might be possible" for the Galaxy to loan Ibrahimovic to a European team until January, then bring him back to Southern California for the start of the 2017 MLS season.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

He is Swedish. LOL Who rights this stuff?

Comment

I was waiting for KC to open this thread

Comment

I love this thread

Comment

lol KC, goes on his nationalism mode as always.

Anyways he won't got to MLS mark my words

He is staying in Europe. He just had one of his best seasons ever why would he leave?

Comment

regardless of nationalities or whatever, we all know he was BORN and raised in Sweden, the thread title should read as: Legendary Soccer Player Linked with Los Angles Galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad-7 View Post
              regardless of nationalities or whatever, we all know he was BORN and raised in Sweden, the thread title should read as: Legendary Soccer Player Linked with Los Angles Galaxy
              Baba bikhial its KC he won't see him as Swedish unless he goes back in time, removes his relatives from Yugoslavia to Sweden in the 10th centure, change their last name to Ibrasson. So he won't know their roots go back to Yuogslavia

Comment

What makes him more Bosnian than Croatian?

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                  What makes him more Bosnian than Croatian?
                  Technically he is both, however, out of respect for him I only refer to him as Bosnian as that is the nationality for which he pursued trying to join its national team although he apparently wasn't good enough to make it and so he subsequently qatared himself.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    http://www.espnfc.us/story/2872062/z...galaxy-sources

Paris Saint-Germain striker and pending free agent Zlatan Ibrahimovic is in discussions to play in Major League Soccer, multiple sources told ESPN FC.

The 34-year-old, who is out of contract in July, confirmed on Friday that he will not return to the French champions for the 2016-17 season, but he did not announce his next club.

Ibrahimovic, who joined PSG in 2012, has been linked to the LA Galaxy, Manchester United and former club AC Milan in recent days.

LA Galaxy president Chris Klein declined to comment on Ibrahimovic when contacted by ESPN FC, but one source said should the former Ajax, Barcelona, Inter Milan and Juventus forward reach an agreement with MLS, his destination would indeed be the Galaxy.

"I think it's going to happen," the source added.

But another source with knowledge of the talks characterized them as "delicate."

How exactly the Galaxy would accommodate Ibrahimovic on their squad if a deal is consummated isn't entirely clear.

First, the Galaxy would need to acquire his discovery rights, which a source confirmed are currently held by the Philadelphia Union.

And with Giovani dos Santos, Steven Gerrard and Robbie Keane already on the books for Bruce Arena's team, the five-time MLS champs already have the maximum three "designated players" whose full salaries are not subject to a team cap under MLS rules.

Another high-earning player, veteran Dutch midfielder Nigel de Jong, is expected to step into Gerrard's DP slot when the 18-month-contract that the former Liverpool captain signed last summer expires in December.

Asked if he was planning on moving any of his designated players, Klein said he was not.

But there are rumblings out of Los Angeles that Keane, who turns 36 in July, is mulling retirement after this season. And one source admitted that "it might be possible" for the Galaxy to loan Ibrahimovic to a European team until January, then bring him back to Southern California for the start of the 2017 MLS season.
                    Kheyli incorset hasti toh.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                      Kheyli incorset hasti toh.
                      Wow. Didn't know they speak Persian in Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                        Neither did I

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                          I think it's only incorset aroghis who do so.

Comment

The Bosnian is going to Manchester United.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                              The Swede is going to Manchester United.
                              Thank me later.

Comment

Working...
                              X