No announcement yet.

Lionel Messi: Argentina forward retires from international football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently the Argentina federation is as bad as our very own, and messi and co (alot of other players are threatening to quit as well) are fed up with it...

and to the ronaldo dick-suckers saying he cant perform with argentina, have u even seen him play this tournament?? (or any). he literally CARRIES the team

Comment

I feel bad for him, I hope he comes back.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
        Good decision. His cronies Huguain, Zabaleta, Di Maria and co. need to go as well. Four finals and no championships, ffs.
        Don't forget Lavezzi and Biglia, two guys who can easily be replaced.

First of all, Ronaldo can't carry Portugal the way Messi carries Argentina. Any Ronaldo lovers should leave this thread.

Secondly, the media around the world got what they deserve. They over-hyped Messi, when they never admit that Maradona was a better player than Messi. In fact, I will go as far as saying I would rather have Zidane than Messi on my team. Zidane has won so much for France; he should have won two world cups to be honest!!
        "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

I felt so bad for the guy when he broke down in tears, the amount of weight he has on his shoulders is unbearable. And on top of that, a bunch of K*s Khols who know nothing about the game always bad mouth him and add unnecessary pressure.

On a side note this is why Nekounam was so special, always had nerves of steel when taking PK's.

Comment

These are the milestones were legends are separated from greats
            EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Argentina's world cup chances just went down a good 20%
              Without Messi/Di Maria/Lavezzi/Higuain/Mascherano/Biglia its like forming a new team. Even Aguero said he might go. Added on that Tata Martino is gone a new coach has it set on hard mode.
              World cup 2018 is going to be the most atypical World Cup yet.

Comment

This Argentina squad is just so damn talented. Messi, Higuain, Agüero, Di Maria and and and...A player like Pastore didnt even get to play a minute in this tournament. A player like Dybala was not even invited !! Too bad they didnt win yesterday. Theyve been in 5 finals in the past decade and lost them all. 2005 Confed Cup, 2007 Copa, 2014 WC, 2015 Copa and now the 2016 Copa.

Comment

By the way if Messi really retires i hope Dybala becomes a regular part of the team and gets the #10. What a fantastic player And i have the strange feeling Argentina would win the WC in Russia without Messi...

Comment

Originally posted by PerZiano View Post
                    Hagheshe. Hagheshe ke penalty enghadar zaye shod va ba dardo narahati futbal ro dar teame mellish gozasht kenar.
                    Maro az Berezil ba un shutesh kard birun va ghalbamuno shekund.
                    That was iranian karma last night
                    Chera hagheshe? Messi midone javanmardegi chi e va hich vaght be Iran bi-ehterami nakard, na pish az baazi, na dar toole baazi, na pas az baazi.

Va dar zemn, Messi be Team Mellie Argentine bar migarde, tasmimesh ghati nist.
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Argentina will always be a favorite to win the world cup, with or without Messi.

The country pops out world class players regularly. I think that this wasn't even a full strength Argentina that lost to Chile because guys like Tevez, Dybala, and you can research 10 other players in the top UEFA clubs that can make a squad. They will be fine...
                      "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

He will be back by popular demand in no time, or else he would be public enemy #1

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                        به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Regardless of whether he reverses his decision, it shows severe lack of character by him. It's one thing to say I'm quitting the national team to make room for others or because I'm burned out. What he's saying is I can't win with you guys so I'm done.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                            Good decision. His cronies Huguain, Zabaleta, Di Maria and co. need to go as well. Four finals and no championships, ffs.
                            LOL says a guy from behind a computer

Comment

And guys his decision is not based on missing a penalty kick apparently. The argentine federation is very fucked to the extent that before the finals they had flight delays and all had to get to the finals with fatigue. There's a lot happening behind the curtain and this may be his way to change things around. Or maybe he is a p*ssy like a lot of people say, but I'd look at his 10 years of career that he's shown the fans as a better basis for my judgement rather than assume something and judge a person's character over one act completely, like most people are used to these days.

Comment

Lionel Messi: Argentina striker reverses decision to retire from national team
                                http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37066033

Comment

Working...
                                X