Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In terms of DAY 2 unfortunately our 100 Kg wrestler has drawn Israel in the first round ... all I can say is F#CK. So that drops us down to 4 wrestlers and probably blows our chances of being the best team.

Bad luck but I wish politics could be put to one side when it comes to sport. Imagine if we were drawn in the same group as Israel in the football WC. Would they just not play!!!
    “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Cadet World Championships

Day 2 - Freestyle (Morning Session)

I'm afraid to say that this mornings session was a blowout. All our guys were knocked out in the early rounds. Perhaps 1-2 may wrestle again in the repechage but no guarantees at this stage.

UPDATE: No one through to repechage. I'll be cheering for Russia as I didn't appreciate the US head coach's comments about Iran yesterday.
      “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by khosro View Post
        Cadet World Championships

Day 2 - Freestyle (Morning Session)

I'm afraid to say that this mornings session was a blowout. All our guys were knocked out in the early rounds. Perhaps 1-2 may wrestle again in the repechage but no guarantees at this stage.

UPDATE: No one through to repechage. I'll be cheering for Russia as I didn't appreciate the US head coach's comments about Iran yesterday.
        What did the US coach say?

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
          What did the US coach say?
          I think the bravado of the US coach just pissed me off ... probably took it personally but I thought he should just concentrate on his own gays ...

https://youtu.be/j6OKq2bhses?t=2m34s

Let's just say I was pleased (for once) that Russia won the team title.

Comment

Originally posted by khosro View Post
            I think the bravado of the US coach just pissed me off ... probably took it personally but I thought he should just concentrate on his own gays ...

https://youtu.be/j6OKq2bhses?t=2m34s

Let's just say I was pleased (for once) that Russia won the team title.
            He didn't sound too bad. He was just saying that cause he kept losing to Iran lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              He didn't sound too bad. He was just saying that cause he kept losing to Iran lol
              Hopefully we will put them back in their place at the next WC

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Comment

So how many points we had at the end? India finished 6th with 39 points, we finished lower than them.

Comment

Guys I close this thread, over 120 pages.
                  Its becoming confusing, this thread was initially for Olympics Rio schedules, but now every wrestling news is posted here.
                  Plz feel free to open a new thread for specific event i.e. Juniors Greco, Juniors Free, Cadets,, Seniors Greco, Senior's free etc etc...

thanks.
                  CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X