World Cup Qualifier: USA vs Meixco 11/11/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup Qualifier: USA vs Meixco 11/11/2016

Regardless of whether or not you like either of these teams, this rivalry is one of the most heated in international football and always proves to be entertaining match ups. As a big US fan, I will of course be watching and rooting for my team.....it will be a big challenge for the US, the team who wants it more will take the 3 points IMO. I think we got a couple of other US fans here so discuss news, vids, etc. here....GO USA!
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

History says we have the win. 2-0 in Columbus the last 4 World cup cycles. Mexico has a very strong roster but USA has athletes that never stop running and make it hard to outpace to get chances at all.

Only problem is missing Geoff Cameron in defense. Otherwise US defensive plan should be to clog the middle with Jones/Bradley/Kljestan so Mexico has to go wide. Chicharito has only scored one goal on US and not on a cross. Mexico can cross all day and not have anything result from it.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      History says we have the win. 2-0 in Columbus the last 4 World cup cycles. Mexico has a very strong roster but USA has athletes that never stop running and make it hard to outpace to get chances at all.

Only problem is missing Geoff Cameron in defense. Otherwise US defensive plan should be to clog the middle with Jones/Bradley/Kljestan so Mexico has to go wide. Chicharito has only scored one goal on US and not on a cross. Mexico can cross all day and not have anything result from it.
      I trust Gonzalez enough to hold it down in the middle in geof's absence, what I'm worried about most is the DM position. Klinsman relies too much on jones who is way, way past his prime when we got better options like Danny Williams (who didn't even get invited) or even Alfredo Morales. Jones gets gassed to easily and doesn't cover nearly as much ground as he used to, time for him to be given a smaller role. Kljetan will 100% be needed in the middle he's been awesome arguably the best form of his career. Dos santos needs to be locked down he usually has fantastic games vs the US.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I figure US will try to push Mexico to the wings becauxe Yedlin is fast and Johnson very good.

Mexico is rumored to play Rafa Marquez who is wayy too slow to deal with Bradley/Jones. Jones gasses out but Bedoya does dirty work and Kljestan can create. I think US will get more possession than usual because they have Sasha and Pulisic playmaking.

If we score it will be on setpieces or some countering hold up play. Altidore and Wood play very well together. Its like a Daei/Azizi combo

Comment

Michael Bradley epitomizes a 90's US footballer who looks like he is playing the game for the first time....0 football IQ, instead of passing to wood who would have been 1v1 he takes a garbage shot on goal. We coulda been up 2-1!!!!
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Mexico is psychologically weak.

Comment

Dam it. Undeserved loss.

Comment

Bradley cost the US the game by pulling a Dempsey and taking a bad shot over finding the wide open guy.. He hasn't played well since his dad was the coach.

Comment

USA has been an absolute embarrassment since the 2015 gold cup...

Klinsmann has lost his marbles... if Trump is going to deport anyone it should be him first

Meanwhile, Iran has not let me down... maybe I should take down the USMNT banner I have in my classroom and put up a Team Melli one.... I need to find one though. I tried looking a few years ago...

I'm going to watch the game against Korea again to get this horrible taste out of my mouth... wait that's rum :-)

Tomorrow I also am going to run an extra mile on top of the 5 I usually run for every goal we let Mexico score...
                  "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    Michael Bradley epitomizes a 90's US footballer who looks like he is playing the game for the first time....0 football IQ, instead of passing to wood who would have been 1v1 he takes a garbage shot on goal. We coulda been up 2-1!!!!
                    If he stayed in Europe, he would have done the right thing....
                    "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                      Bradley cost the US the game by pulling a Dempsey and taking a bad shot over finding the wide open guy.. He hasn't played well since his dad was the coach.
                      This!!!

I was pulling my hair out when he did that....what a shitty and amateur move by him. Wood was rightfully furious he would have put that away and this isn't the first time Bradley has done such a thing. I can't stand seeing him on the pitch he really ruins the game with that kind of garbage even my u12 players would have known better!!!

Originally posted by Messy View Post
                      If he stayed in Europe, he would have done the right thing....
                      Again one of the many reasons klinsman (like CQ) puts a huge emphasis on playing at the highest level you possibly can. When he was playing in the bundesliga and serie A he was not nearly as selfish and kept it simple always, unlike now where he thinks he's better than everyone around him (at least that's what his style/decision making says).
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                        This!!!

I was pulling my hair out when he did that....what a shitty and amateur move by him. Wood was rightfully furious he would have put that away and this isn't the first time Bradley has done such a thing. I can't stand seeing him on the pitch he really ruins the game with that kind of garbage even my u12 players would have known better!!!

Again one of the many reasons klinsman (like CQ) puts a huge emphasis on playing at the highest level you possibly can. When he was playing in the bundesliga and serie A he was not nearly as selfish and kept it simple always, unlike now where he thinks he's better than everyone around him (at least that's what his style/decision making says).
                        I don't believe he feels that way... Klinsmann has called up the wrong players over the right ones multiple times... If this was true we would see players like Daniel Williams and Perry Kitchen play over people like Michael Bradley and Kyle Beckerman. We would also see a starting 11 that was European based, not a mix of Euro, MLS, and the pathetic Liga MX (which is better than MLS, because of all the South American players they have).

Comment

Mexico is one of the luckiest teams.
                          IRI = FAILED

Comment

Good result for Iran.

If USA also loses their match against Costa Rica, then Iran will overtake the USA in the next FIFA ranking, as long as they beat Syria of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                              Good result for Iran.

If USA also loses their match against Costa Rica, then Iran will overtake the USA in the next FIFA ranking, as long as they beat Syria of course.

We don't need a ranking to show that Iran is better than the USA AND Mexico

CONCACAF is a farce to football.... they should merge with CONMEBOL (give them 6 spots). Give one spot to Europe and the other to Asia.

Comment

Working...
                              X