World Cup Qualifier: USA vs Meixco 11/11/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Messy View Post
    I don't believe he feels that way... Klinsmann has called up the wrong players over the right ones multiple times... If this was true we would see players like Daniel Williams and Perry Kitchen play over people like Michael Bradley and Kyle Beckerman. We would also see a starting 11 that was European based, not a mix of Euro, MLS, and the pathetic Liga MX (which is better than MLS, because of all the South American players they have).
    I see what you're saying but you got to understand the bradley situation is quite similar to that of Ando currently. While he may not be in form, as a coach it is hard to pull him out of the XI when he is the captain and most experienced player in the team. Klinsman has emphasized this numerous times and his call ups of players abroad shows it (he gives pretty much every american playing in a decent euro league a shot/call up). His players he used from the MLS or Liga MX are important players needed in the team (altidore and gonzalez for example). While playing in europe is important it shouldnt be the 100% deciding factor....whoever is better deserves to play. That being said, I agree with you that danny williams should be in the team, and I want to see bradley slowly put to the side but I know it wont happen because of the reasons mentioned.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      I see what you're saying but you got to understand the bradley situation is quite similar to that of Ando currently. While he may not be in form, as a coach it is hard to pull him out of the XI when he is the captain and most experienced player in the team. Klinsman has emphasized this numerous times and his call ups of players abroad shows it (he gives pretty much every american playing in a decent euro league a shot/call up). His players he used from the MLS or Liga MX are important players needed in the team (altidore and gonzalez for example). While playing in europe is important it shouldnt be the 100% deciding factor....whoever is better deserves to play. That being said, I agree with you that danny williams should be in the team, and I want to see bradley slowly put to the side but I know it wont happen because of the reasons mentioned.
      Ando is a different case because we ask less of him and he has preformed much better for us than what Bradley has for the USA. Ando is also older, and even though he has battled injury, his job is irreplacable for the time being. I feel we still need him.

I wonder why he has so much affection for guys like Orozco. Bradley should have been pushed aside a long time ago. He is clearly NOT using his experience to his advantage when he plays,
      "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

US losing to Costa Rica 0-2....

Comment

I was disappointed after going down 2-0, then furious after 3-0, but now... I'm just laughing, this is just plain comedic.

Comment

USA just got killed...2 wcq games back to back loss. Reminds me of the England losing to iceland in euros right after brexit. This is the US version. lol

Comment

Klinsmann has to go.

Comment

Gulati is going to keep Klinsmann for as long as he can. The US WILL NOT make the world cup this year....
                "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Gulati is going to keep Klinsmann for as long as he can. The US WILL NOT make the world cup this year....
                  That is a huuuuuge (Trump's voice) failure for US to miss a WC from such a weak conference. There is no reason they cant be a top 4 team out of this continent.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                    That is a huuuuuge (Trump's voice) failure for US to miss a WC from such a weak conference. There is no reason they cant be a top 4 team out of this continent.
                    They are very far behind... remember 4 years ago Mexico almost finished in 5th place, but they got bailed out when the USA decided to play full strength against Panama for no reason. If Mexico can miss out by a hair, I don't see why the USA can miss out as well.

Comment

Players gave up on Klinsmann

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

I think it's too early and too bold to make that statement but one thing is for sure, if they keep klinsman and carry on (which gulati likely will simply bc he's in love with klinsman) the US will struggle and continue to get the least out of this player. If a proper coach like even CQ for example had this group of players they'd be dominating every team besides Mexico. The talent is clearly there....the tactics and identity isn't.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

He is gone! Looks like gulati was feeling the pressure from the media to pull the trigger....I think this was done too late though. Sacking a coach in the beginning of a WCQ phase is tough, had this been after copa america centenario the team could have used the couple of camps to get used to a different manager with a different style....now that will all have to be tested in the middle of a WCQ campagin. Neither option was ever going to be good, but I think gulati has made the right move.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

American players have to be the most overrated in the world.

Look how many of them play for good european teams! especially in the bundesliga! And they still managed to put out such bad performances.

Its also pretty sad how a lot of them come back from top 5 leagues to the MLS.

Mexicos captain got roasted for doing that and went back to italy at the age of 36 a while back.

Also interesting to note that many of the US's good players grew up in europe.

Klinsmann was providing nothing recently, hopefully they can hire someone better.

I hope US soccer continues becoming more successful even if the team misses the WC.
                            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                              Mexico is one of the luckiest teams.
                              Why do you say that?

I think their style of playing is much more natural and fun to watch than the US team.

You also got to love players like chicha, marquez, guardado, herrera.
                              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                                American players have to be the most overrated in the world.

Look how many of them play for good european teams! especially in the bundesliga! And they still managed to put out such bad performances.

Its also pretty sad how a lot of them come back from top 5 leagues to the MLS.

Mexicos captain got roasted for doing that and went back to italy at the age of 36 a while back.

Also interesting to note that many of the US's good players grew up in europe.

Klinsmann was providing nothing recently, hopefully they can hire someone better.

I hope US soccer continues becoming more successful even if the team misses the WC.
                                They have the advantage of having a market. Millions of Americans potentially could buy jerseys of their players in Europe. All of the ones in Iran are fake.

Even if the US player is average its a benefit for them to have on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X