World Cup Qualifier: USA vs Meixco 11/11/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
    American players have to be the most overrated in the world.

Look how many of them play for good european teams! especially in the bundesliga! And they still managed to put out such bad performances.

Its also pretty sad how a lot of them come back from top 5 leagues to the MLS.

Mexicos captain got roasted for doing that and went back to italy at the age of 36 a while back.

Also interesting to note that many of the US's good players grew up in europe.

Klinsmann was providing nothing recently, hopefully they can hire someone better.

I hope US soccer continues becoming more successful even if the team misses the WC.
    Rumour is Bruce Arena is coming back...lol

http://www.espnfc.com/united-states/...o-team-sources

Step back if you ask me. Hate recycling coaches. This guy has MLS written all over him and that is how he approaches NT as well.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
      American players have to be the most overrated in the world.
      Look how many of them play for good european teams! especially in the bundesliga! And they still managed to put out such bad performances.

Its also pretty sad how a lot of them come back from top 5 leagues to the MLS.
      Mexicos captain got roasted for doing that and went back to italy at the age of 36 a while back.
      Also interesting to note that many of the US's good players grew up in europe.
      Klinsmann was providing nothing recently, hopefully they can hire someone better.
      I hope US soccer continues becoming more successful even if the team misses the WC.
      I'm sorry bro but I can't help but laugh at that statement when you got guys like pulisic, guzan, cameron, fabian johnson, bobby wood, jermaine jones, tim howard, danny williams, altidore, etc. Only one out of the players I just named who can be looked at as a flop in europe is altidore but only someoneone narrow sighted would say such a thing he tore it up in the eredivise for a few seasons with AZ, the EPL didn't suit him and was his downfall in Europe after failing there twice. So besides him, every other player I listed has enjoyed or is currently enojying successful careers in Europe with big roles in their teams.

The rest of what you said I can agree with....it is sad how guys like kljestan and altidore who had more to offer left to come back for bigger salaries. If US brings in arena then they will stoop even lower then where they are at now. arena is the american equivalent of ghalenoie in that he is one of the most accomplished domestic coaches but still not worthy of coaching the NT with the crop that they got....they deserve a coach who will maximize the talent of the team not tap into 50% of it like klisnmann has as of late.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Playing devil's advocate here...

With Bruce Arena the USMNT won multiple Gold Cups and placed 8th in the 2002 World Cup. They even achieved a FIFA ranking of 4 in April 2006. He has done more than Klinsmann. That 8th place finish was the USMNT best finish since the 1st world cup... Oh and who did we beat... over-rated Mexico.

So he is a great coach.... BUT (now I'm not playing Devil's advocate) with him in charge of the USMNT, I would expect many european born players to not get called up or reject call ups. Because of this.. they will get much worse. MLS is not a league of quality, but there are some players that should have been fixed starters on the USMNT in MLs that Klinsmann ignored for even worse players. He ignored Dax McCarthy and Benny Feilhaber. He called up garbage like Wolondowski and Bradley. He stressed that American players need to go to Europe, but he developed a very unhealthy obsession with Liga MX players that didn't even start for their own teams... why the hell was he calling up Michael Orozco and Ventura Alvarado? Those guys were crap.

Klinsmann was a hypocrite, I don't expect Arenas to be, but I don't expect the USMNT to get better. They will be Mexico's punching bag for a while.. which says alot because Mexico is a punching bag for every South American team pretty much..
        "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Originally posted by Messy View Post
          Playing devil's advocate here...

With Bruce Arena the USMNT won multiple Gold Cups and placed 8th in the 2002 World Cup. They even achieved a FIFA ranking of 4 in April 2006. He has done more than Klinsmann. That 8th place finish was the USMNT best finish since the 1st world cup... Oh and who did we beat... over-rated Mexico.

So he is a great coach.... BUT (now I'm not playing Devil's advocate) with him in charge of the USMNT, I would expect many european born players to not get called up or reject call ups. Because of this.. they will get much worse. MLS is not a league of quality, but there are some players that should have been fixed starters on the USMNT in MLs that Klinsmann ignored for even worse players. He ignored Dax McCarthy and Benny Feilhaber. He called up garbage like Wolondowski and Bradley. He stressed that American players need to go to Europe, but he developed a very unhealthy obsession with Liga MX players that didn't even start for their own teams... why the hell was he calling up Michael Orozco and Ventura Alvarado? Those guys were crap.

Klinsmann was a hypocrite, I don't expect Arenas to be, but I don't expect the USMNT to get better. They will be Mexico's punching bag for a while.. which says alot because Mexico is a punching bag for every South American team pretty much..
          Mexico has always been better then US in football.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
            Mexico has always been better then US in football.
            Never did I argue against that; I stated facts. They have always had a better league (which doesnt say much), and right now they have a better national team.
            "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Never did I argue against that; I stated facts. They have always had a better league (which doesnt say much), and right now they have a better national team.
              Generally, Mexico has more talented pool of players to choose from, and most of their players play in the top flight leagues. They are by far the best team in the North/Central American region.

Comment

Generally, Mexico has more talented pool of players to choose from, and most of their players play in the top flight leagues. They are by far the best team in the North/Central American region.
                Why can't they make it to the quarterfinals of the world cup?

Comment

Why can't they make it to the quarterfinals of the world cup?
                  I don't know why, but they have made quarters twice. Just because US made quarters last world cup doesn't make them better then Mexico.

Comment

I don't know why, but they have made quarters twice. Just because US made quarters last world cup doesn't make them better then Mexico.
                    1970 - the 1st elimination round was the quarterfinals AND they hosted

1986 - made the quarters but they were the host nation

USA made it to the quarters in 2002 by beating mexico 2-0

Comment

1970 - the 1st elimination round was the quarterfinals AND they hosted

1986 - made the quarters but they were the host nation

USA made it to the quarters in 2002 by beating mexico 2-0
                      Mexico is better. But i get where you are coming from you live in the US.

Comment

Mexico is better. But i get where you are coming from you live in the US.

They are both bad. CONCACAF is the 2nd worst federation in the world. Asia is better.

Comment

Working...
                        X