MLS sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLS sucks!

After watching the playoff games between Toronto and Montreal I can say that MLS is probably one of the worse leagues in the world. IPL is a better league for me just by a bit.

The IPL should focus on not getting knocked out by a bunch of low quality teams from the UAE before being compared with a semi-competent league like MLS

Comment

MLS is a very different style of play. It definitely is not on par with top European leagues. They have great facilities, and sponsorship, and some big players. But something does seem to be missing in it, I think it may be the passion. I don't know but it is definitely not the strongest league but far from the worst.
      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
        MLS is a very different style of play. It definitely is not on par with top European leagues. They have great facilities, and sponsorship, and some big players. But something does seem to be missing in it, I think it may be the passion. I don't know but it is definitely not the strongest league but far from the worst.
        Nailed it.

Comment

MLS sucks but so does IPL/PGL...they're up to par honestly

Comment

I've been watching TFC for a bit now, comparing their passing to our joke league, it's barely comparable. No team in Iran can go up against them and this is just one team I've been keeping my eye on (you can assume other MLS teams play relatively similar).

Even Whitecaps have some basic pass and move football in their tactical play, all which are non-existent in IPL. Idk how anybody in their right mind can compare a league who got humbled by a bunch of UAE nobodies with a semi-professional league like MLS where some basic football is at least played.

Comment

Originally posted by babak_iran View Post
              After watching the playoff games between Toronto and Montreal I can say that MLS is probably one of the worse leagues in the world. IPL is a better league for me just by a bit.
              LOL what a ridiculous comment. So you draw your conclusion based off of one game huh? I guess the leagues in bangladesh, maldives, and dominican republic are all better since MLS is one of the worst in the world right?

If you were to make a more rational comment and say it wasn't an entertaining match or that the league lacks real support, history, culture, passion, etc. then perhaps then I'd be able to take you more seriously but just flat out saying the league sucks is not valid at this point.

The comparison of the PGL being better than the MLS is fine, I'll give you that but while we are on the topic of comparing the leagues, the MLS has made huge strides in every single aspect of the sport over the last 8-9 years while the PGL has probably only improved a small amount in getting better foreign imports and having a few more competitive teams in the league besides esteghlal and persepolis. In other words - in a few years from now MLS is going to be better than PGL. They are investing, getting more fans, creating a proper grass roots system, and are seeing some of their best americans get decent european offers each year (and those who make the move happen to do well). They deserve a lot more respect than what you are giving them.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                LOL what a ridiculous comment. So you draw your conclusion based off of one game huh? I guess the leagues in bangladesh, maldives, and dominican republic are all better since MLS is one of the worst in the world right?

If you were to make a more rational comment and say it wasn't an entertaining match or that the league lacks real support, history, culture, passion, etc. then perhaps then I'd be able to take you more seriously but just flat out saying the league sucks is not valid at this point.

The comparison of the PGL being better than the MLS is fine, I'll give you that but while we are on the topic of comparing the leagues, the MLS has made huge strides in every single aspect of the sport over the last 8-9 years while the PGL has probably only improved a small amount in getting better foreign imports and having a few more competitive teams in the league besides esteghlal and persepolis. In other words - in a few years from now MLS is going to be better than PGL. They are investing, getting more fans, creating a proper grass roots system, and are seeing some of their best americans get decent european offers each year (and those who make the move happen to do well). They deserve a lot more respect than what you are giving them.
                I watched MLS a few times, and I was expecting a lot more from the quality of play. If i saw more quality in MLS then IPL, I would watch MLS instead.

Comment

It doesnt matter which league is better...

It matters which league makes the best national team players for their host country.

Who wins that contest? USA or Iran....
                  "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Originally posted by Messy View Post

It matters which league makes the best national team players for their host country.

If you're talking only domestic then it's pretty even to be honest. Most U.S. Players these days are born or raised in Europe. Their MLS bred players are nothing special really. Pulisic being the main outlier.

Comment

Im just talking about the overall quality of play. It was so bad that it made me think I can go pro again lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                        If you're talking only domestic then it's pretty even to be honest. Most U.S. Players these days are born or raised in Europe. Their MLS bred players are nothing special really. Pulisic being the main outlier.
                        Current euro based Iranian Players that played in IPL
                        Azmoun, Shojaei, Ansarifard, Mohammadi, Ezatolahi, Sosha Makani, Jahanbakhsh, Shahbazzadeh

Current euro based MLS players that started in MLS
                        Yedlin, Cameron, Guzan, Kitchen, Ream, Lichaj, Mizaga... a lot of Euro based American players were either born or raised in Europe, or they avoided MLS and went straight to Europe.

Who are the best players out of these two columns? Who plays on the best club teams out of these two columns (count the teams they are loaned to, not the loaners)
                        "I'm here to clean the carpets. Most of the world is carpeted. And, one day, we will do the cleaning."

Comment

Individually (as in player for player) USA easily beats Iran out but as a team, Iran is 100x better. If the two were to play a competitive match now Iran would easily win IMO. The talent on your team means nothing if you cannot even tap into 30-40% of their potential (AKA Klinsmann and Arena will be even worse).
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Current euro based Iranian Players that played in IPL
                            Azmoun, Shojaei, Ansarifard, Mohammadi, Ezatolahi, Sosha Makani, Jahanbakhsh, Shahbazzadeh
                            Current euro based MLS players that started in MLS
                            Yedlin, Cameron, Guzan, Kitchen, Ream, Lichaj, Mizaga... a lot of Euro based American players were either born or raised in Europe, or they avoided MLS and went straight to Europe.
                            Who are the best players out of these two columns? Who plays on the best club teams out of these two columns (count the teams they are loaned to, not the loaners)
                            Havent even heard of half those players but just looked them up and most play in the second league of England and the Matt mizaga guy has barely even played at senior level yet. Yedlin was good in the World Cup and Cameron is a good defender but you're looking too much into Europe here. Being in Europe doesn't necessarily make them a better player than a domestic player. Just look at hosseini or montazeri. You didn't mention them but are they anything less than an MLS raised defender?

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                              Havent even heard of half those players but just looked them up and most play in the second league of England and the Matt mizaga guy has barely even played at senior level yet. Yedlin was good in the World Cup and Cameron is a good defender but you're looking too much into Europe here. Being in Europe doesn't necessarily make them a better player than a domestic player. Just look at hosseini or montazeri. You didn't mention them but are they anything less than an MLS raised defender?
                              Those two players probably had offers from Europe, but they decided to not go. Your question at the end gives data to the main question: MLS or IPL?

Comment

Working...
                              X