MLS Expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLS Expansion

Reaching the deadline for application submissions. Tampa Bay and San Diego have submitted their applications so far:
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/topic/expan...on-cities-bids

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

^^now with San Diego Chargers gone, San Diego definitely needs a pro team. The only thing is the market. San Diego is a military city and many Hispanics follow xoloitzcuintli de Tijuana which a short drive over the boarder!

but it would be good to have a soccer team in San Diego to fill the empty place of Chargers.
    IRI = FAILED

Comment

I think NY having two teams hurt the league a lot....the more spread out, the more they tap into developing the game more than they already are. A team in the Midwest is needed, I know KC has a team but a place like Oklahoma City who is a really supportive city of their thunder or maybe even in Memphis would do great in attracting new fans.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

San Diego should get one

Comment

I'd rather it go to markets hungry for a sports team who will build up a loyal base.
          Flordia is terrible for sports. They only like college football - so no team for Tampa.

San Diego would be cool, but I'm not really familiar with the City. Is it a sports city? Would they care?

Comment

I want a team based on Anchorage!

Comment

MLS expansion candidates:
              Charlotte
              Cincinnati
              Detroit
              Indy
              Nashville
              Phoenix
              Raleigh
              Sacramento
              St. Louis
              San Antonio
              San Diego
              Tampa Bay

http://sbisoccer.com/2017/01/mls-exp...-official-bids

Comment

I live in San Diego.

It is a very active and sporty city.
                We have a lot of latinos and middle eastern people here.
                Soccer is also big with Americans in California in general. I think an MLS team would be perfect for San Diego.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  I'd rather it go to markets hungry for a sports team who will build up a loyal base.
                  Flordia is terrible for sports. They only like college football - so no team for Tampa.

San Diego would be cool, but I'm not really familiar with the City. Is it a sports city? Would they care?
                  that is exactly why I think a team in the south would be great. Memphis and OKC got some of the most loyal fans in basketball....if they were given soccer teams I'd be willing to bet it is the same.
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                  X