2017 Greco Roman Wrestling World Cup - Abadan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Greco Roman Wrestling World Cup - Abadan

The Greco Roman Wrestling World Cup is taking place this month 16-17 March in Abadan, one month after Freestyle World Cup in Kermanshah (which Iran won).

While I don't think Iran will do as good as in Freestyle, still its gonna be a good event.
    Russians (unlike in freestyle) are taking their top team.
    They announced their squad

http://www.fivepointmove.com/russia-...ld-cup-roster/

Russia 2017 Greco-Roman World Cup Roster
    59 kg
    Mingiyan Semenov (2012 Olympic Champion; 2014 World Champion, 2016 European Championships gold medalist)
    Stepan Maryanayan (2015 European Games gold medalist)
    66 kg
    Artem Surkov (2015 European Games gold medalist; 2015 World Cup gold medalist)
    71 kg
    Abuyazidov Mantsigov (2016 Russian National Champion)
    Yuri Denisov (2014 Russian National Champion)
    75 kg
    Roman Vlasov (2012 & 2016 Olympic Champion; 2011 & 2015 World Champion; two-time European Championships gold medalist)
    Genghis Labazanov (2014 World Champion)
    80 kg
    Ramadan Abacharaev (2016 World Champion)
    Adlan Akiev (2016 Bolat Turlykhanov Memorial gold medalist)
    85 kg
    Davit Chakvetadze (2016 Olympic Champion; 2015 European Games gold medalist)
    Eugene Saleev (2015 European Games gold medalist; 2014 World Cup gold medalist)
    98 kg
    Musa Yevloyev (2014 Russian National Champion)
    Maxim Safaryan (2016 Kristjan Paulusalu gold medalist; 2016 Haparanda Cup gold medalist)
    130 kg
    Sergey Semenov (2016 Olympic bronze medalist; two-time Junior World Champion)
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Meanwhile we don't have any of our giants (Rezaei, Norouzi, Sourian) and only have Abdevali for the cup. It is virtually impossible to beat this Russian team.

Comment

not only Russia, I have to say even Azerbaijan and Turkey are bringing their very best teams.

Realistically this team won't even finish on the podium but Greco is quite unpredictable these days, we have new rules after the Olympics, there is no forced par-terre anymore. which means if score a big 4-pts throw you can defend the rest of the match and those 1-pt cautions won't hurt you. because there is no par terre for your opponent to score big points unless you give him a takedown which is hard to achieve in Greco.

there are still some good wrestlers in this team who can beat even the bests in the world but the problem is they are not consistent like Sourian and other "golden generation" Greco wrestlers. they can win one match against a world champion but they can't win a tournament to become a world champion.

btw Abdevali is quite out of shape, he joined the national camp only last week, I know he is naturally a beast but still he needs proper training to compete with the rest for the entire 6 minutes. don't expect too much from him. if we meet Russia he has to wrestle the Olympic Champion Velasov. but I'm more interested to watch his younger brother Saman, who I believe can be a world medal contender under these new rules. the other wrestler to watch is Amir Ghasemi-Monjazi at 130kg. that was a big mistake not sending him to the Olympics. he is not afraid to try big throws, quite fun to watch.

Comment

Competition starts today!

POOL A
        Iran
        Germany
        Russia
        Kazakhstan

POOL B
        Azerbaijan
        Turkey
        Ukraine
        Belarus

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

GERMANY vs IRAN possible line ups:

59 kg Christoph Kraemer vs Mohsen Hajipour or Saman Abdevali
          66 kg Erik Weiss vs Ali Arsalan or Mehdi Zeidvand
          71 kg Maximilian Schwabe vs Afshin Biabangard or Mohammad Ali Geraei
          75 kg Florian Neumaier vs Saeed Abdevali or Rasoul Garmsiri
          80 kg Pascal Eisele vs Yousef Ghaderian or Ramin Taheri
          85 kg Ramsin Azizsir vs Hossein Nouri or Mahdi Fallah
          98 kg Oliver Hassler or Peter Öhler vs Seyed mostafa Salehizadeh or Mehdi Aliyari
          130 kg Eduard Popp or Christian John vs Amir Ghasemi or Behnam Mehdizadeh

Comment

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/eve...oman-world-cup

live stream

Comment

First round Group A:
              RUSSIA 8:0 KAZAKHSTAN,
              IRAN 7:1 GERMANY.

next IRAN RUSSIA

Comment

Russia Wins 5-3 With a lot of help from Judges. Considering we didn't have our best available, we did very good.
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Man the judges were pitiful. The Russians have their hands deep in everyone's pockets.

Comment

I didn't expect Iran to challenge Russia like this, I thnk they did well, Saman Abdevali and Arsalan got robbed, otherwise we could even win the dual 4-4. but I'm glad after all World Cup is not the most important event but this dual shows us our Greco team can shine in future.

59, Abdevali jr was really good against Semenov, he could have takedown few times during the match but Semenov didn't give up easily. he really deserved a caution point in last minute but he got robbed.
                    66, after losing 4 pts easily, Arsalan really wrestled well against a world bronze medalist, his takedown/throw in last minute was correct and I still can't believe how come they didn't give him those points ! the Russian also deserved a two-pt caution in last 15 seconds because he was clearly fleeing
                    71, Geraei gave no chance to his very good opponent, well deserved win, Geraei is improving, he can win a world medal thsi year.
                    75, I waited for ths Abdevali/Vlasov match for a long time but refs ruined the match with those two cautions, that was impossible to come back after being down 5-0 against the two time Olympic champion, those cautions were questionable though, Abdevali always wrestles rough.
                    80, great match for Ghaderian against the current world champion, he completely dominated the match.
                    85, Nouri had no chance against the Olympic champion, and he was poor, this guy is only good against Iranian wrestlers, they really need to find someone else in this weight
                    98, the only weight Russia didn't bring their top guy (probably a last mnute injury) Salehizadeh was really good in his first serious senior tournament, he has a good future.
                    130, Mehdizadeh was terrible but I had to say he lost the Olympic bronze medalist, I wish we could have Amir Ghasemi-Monjazi instead of him but Monjazi was also not that good against Germany since he is still recovering, still if refs were a little kind they could give a caution to Semenov and let Iran win the dual but that was too much to ask !

Comment

yes this show by iran gave us hope for future after the golden generation

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                        Iran Kazakhstan live on now.
                        if we win we will most likely fight for 3rd place vs Turkey

Comment

The refs go against us in our own land!! Now that shows how deep their mafia is!

Comment

RUSSIA wins the World Cup defeats Azarbajedjan 5:3.

IRAN gains the 3rd spot by defeating Turkey 6:2

Comment

I don't care about the result in this tournament, the fact that we took a young team is a step into the right direction and make us readier for a major tournament such as world championship soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X