Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 World Wrestling Championships (21-26 August)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
    yes, but you said yoursefl, or some other member, it was a tough draw for our Freestyle.
    I believe Hosseinkhani wasnt bas at all, and unlucky, so was also Nasiri in his fight.
    Yesterday Mohebbi was great actually.
    I dont go so far to call it disaster, most of our strong freestyle wrestlers were resting after olympics.
    I believe when Ali Karimi moves up weight and returns to TM, and also Rahimi and perhaps Komeil Ghassemi return we would have had much better results.
    Its not so dark and hopeless in my eyes.
    That's not really true, add Hassan Rahimi to this team and this is all I have right now. Ghasemi was there in the trials (even though a bit injured) and lost to Mohebbi convincingly.

this is the year after the Olympics when the level is usually lower. yes some of them had tough draws but not all of them Hosseinkhani had a good draw , Yarahmadi lost to France ! Mohammadi lost to a guy who got teched next match. Nasiri got robbed IMO but still he lost to the weakest Russian wrestler here .

the thing is out of other 7 wrestlers, I only see something in Mohebbi, the rest just suck.

and remember our junior team was also terrible in world junoirs few weeks ago, obviously there is something wrong with our trianing program, if you watch all of our wrestlers (except Mohammadi) have the same style. that was good for few years but it seems the rest of the world now found a way to handle our wrestlers.

---------

on other hand I'm OK with our Greco results. if the officiating was better we could win 2 gold medals. and even in junior worlds we won the team title with 3 gold medals.

Comment

I wrote this in another forum, my prediction about our chances in freestyle

57, 0% chance for gold, 5% for medal
      61: 10% gold, 30% medal
      65: 5% gold, 25% medal
      70: 10% gold, 30% medal
      74: 5% gold, 30% medal
      86: 70% gold, 90% medal
      97: 0% gold, 20% medal
      125: 5% gold, 35% medal

and btw UWW just announced the new rules, we will have 10 weights (they just added 79kg and 92kg) . competitions will be held in 2 days , forced parterre is back again in Greco-Roman.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
        Yes, but some of us know all the top wrestlers of each weight well and know what chances our wrestlers have. It is like someone who is not a football expert saying I will hope till the last minute that Perspolis will beat Bayern Munchen.
        You predicted that Greece will become EURO champions in 2004?
        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
          That's not really true, add Hassan Rahimi to this team and this is all I have right now. Ghasemi was there in the trials (even though a bit injured) and lost to Mohebbi convincingly.
          this is the year after the Olympics when the level is usually lower. yes some of them had tough draws but not all of them Hosseinkhani had a good draw , Yarahmadi lost to France ! Mohammadi lost to a guy who got teched next match. Nasiri got robbed IMO but still he lost to the weakest Russian wrestler here .
          the thing is out of other 7 wrestlers, I only see something in Mohebbi, the rest just suck.
          and remember our junior team was also terrible in world junoirs few weeks ago, obviously there is something wrong with our trianing program, if you watch all of our wrestlers (except Mohammadi) have the same style. that was good for few years but it seems the rest of the world now found a way to handle our wrestlers.
          ---------
          on other hand I'm OK with our Greco results. if the officiating was better we could win 2 gold medals. and even in junior worlds we won the team title with 3 gold medals.
          It still doesnt mean (to me at least) that Komeil Ghassemi is weaker than Mohebbi. This was the year after Olympics, I am pretty confident Komeil will come back stronger next year and beat Mohebbi in trials, he is a good asset for TM. Rahimi, we both agree.
          Also I still count Ali Karimi as one of the finest wrestlers in Iran, now that Yazdani is settled at 85kgs (and is the world's best) Karimi should move up in weights to the new 92 kgs or even 97 kgs to be in Olympic weight. Karimi is still young (and very good). Next year he will be stronger, I am sure.
          Again, I dont see things too dramatic the year after Olympics.
          Only concern as I had before tournament was whether Mohammad Talaei can fill in the shoes of Khadem as the new headcoach, and as it is obvious now, he will be under ernomous pressure when the team returns home.

Greco, I am very happy. Not only because of the team ranking (Iran got 2nd) but also the great experience the younger wrestlers got, and they did well.

Overall, I am optimistic. However, I agree with you, that the world has figured our style and fight methods, our coaches must move on with new methods, this I am with you.

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

What an amazing match!! The one everyone was waiting for the whole week. Snyder vs. Sadulaev.

Both without a single loss in their tournament careers. Snyder wins in the last seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
              What an amazing match!! The one everyone was waiting for the whole week. Snyder vs. Sadulaev.

Both without a single loss in their tournament careers. Snyder wins in the last seconds.
              yes great match but honestly sadualev didnt look like he could beat Yazdani. snyder was so much bigger, that must have been atleast 7-8kg bigger?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                yes great match but honestly sadualev didnt look like he could beat Yazdani. snyder was so much bigger, that must have been atleast 7-8kg bigger?!
                I can't believe Sadulaev the tank lost. I thought he is unbeatable. But as you say it is his new weight too and he is lighter than others. Snyder is yet to be beaten.

Comment

He lost because he had one more match and also a more difficult road to the final. He clearly gassed out at the end. I still believe Sadulaev is the best wrestler in the world.
                  Hopefully he tries it again next year in that weight class.

Comment

Here is an Adesorian BEFORE, JUST ABOUT, DURING, and AFTER sum up of behind the scenes and actual action for Yazdani's final fight

Yazdani after winning the Semis vs strong Russian

Khadem analyzing with Yazdani his opponent for final fight

The final fight for Gold

LOL Yazdani after winning Gold "I am not satisfied with my performance in first few fights, I had a cold and was weak"

Comment

WAO, Khadem is not happy with some wrestlers, bashing them heavily.
                      Just found this vid, it was after 2nd day losses at Freestyle WC in Paris

http://cdn.yjc.ir/files/fa/news/1396...736135_344.mp4

Comment

Working...
                      X