Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sohrab Moradi Breaks World Record in TOTAL 94 kgs Weightlifting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sohrab Moradi Breaks World Record in TOTAL 94 kgs Weightlifting!

At Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games.
    New Total WORLD RECORD!
    Snatch 185 kgs, Clean and Jerk 228 kgs = Total 413 WR!

https://barbend.com/sohrab-moradi-wo...lifting-total/

DAMESH VOLCANO!
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

He can really break the C&J WR soon too.

Here is him doing 233kg (1kg higher than WR) in training:

https://instagram.com/p/BY_UMRThi9u/

This was too easy for him, and I'm sure he can do 1-2kg more than this as well.

Comment

shire. if olympics would be today he would be iran's biggest favorite for gold

Comment

Yes, watched it live on Saturday. Great achievement. He could have attacked C&J world record too if he hadn't dropped his first attempt.

He is the first ever person from my city and province (Esfahan) to win an Olympic medal!

One of the biggest mysteries in Iran's Olympic history is him dropping all his attempts in 2012 Olympics where he was a medal favourite! I heard from very reliable sources that he was ordered to do so by International weightlifting federation.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
          I heard from very reliable sources that he was ordered to do so by International weightlifting federation.
          I know for sure that happened to Shahin Nasirinia back in 2000 Olympics. they usually fake injury in situation like this instead of losing all 3 attempts . the same happened to Saeid Alihosseini one day before the 2009 Worlds. he faked an injury during the training because of IWF order.
          but in London, I think Moradi just had a bad day. we could hear Bagheri's conversation with him. he was damn angry on him after he lost two attempts. he had some great results before that but 2012 Olympics was his first major competition. and he just choked in crucial moments (he was a bit injured too)
          but that bad experience helped him to win the gold in Rio almost comfortably.

Comment

US will host the world championship this year, I was a bit worried about the visa and other things, but apparently most of our weightlifters are cleared to enter the US. they only denied visa for two weighlifters.

barring no injured, Iran's squad will be something like this

85: Kianoush Rostami, most probably Ali Miri
            95: Sohrab Moradi
            105: Mohammadreza Barari, Ali Hashemi
            +105: Behdad Salimi, Saeid Alihosseini

the last spot was reserved for Ayoub Mousavi (94kg) but he denied visa, if they can't solve the problem, they have no other option to send Majid Askari (69kg) instead.

IWF just banned 9 countries for a year because of several doping cases, China, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Armenia among them, with this all of our weightlifters will be favorite for the medals. I highly doubt anybody can even challenge Rostami and Moradi for the gold. Salimi still has to deal with that Georgian guy.

Does anybody here remember Saeid Alihosseini ? this is his first competition after 8 years of suspension, nobody knows about his shape.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
              US will host the world championship this year, I was a bit worried about the visa and other things, but apparently most of our weightlifters are cleared to enter the US. they only denied visa for two weighlifters.

barring no injured, Iran's squad will be something like this

85: Kianoush Rostami, most probably Ali Miri
              95: Sohrab Moradi
              105: Mohammadreza Barari, Ali Hashemi
              +105: Behdad Salimi, Saeid Alihosseini

the last spot was reserved for Ayoub Mousavi (94kg) but he denied visa, if they can't solve the problem, they have no other option to send Majid Askari (69kg) instead.

IWF just banned 9 countries for a year because of several doping cases, China, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Armenia among them, with this all of our weightlifters will be favorite for the medals. I highly doubt anybody can even challenge Rostami and Moradi for the gold. Salimi still has to deal with that Georgian guy.

Does anybody here remember Saeid Alihosseini ? this is his first competition after 8 years of suspension, nobody knows about his shape.
              Of course I remember him! The day they forced him to fake injury and later Rezazadeh and Ayan's mafia accused him of doping was a sad day in my life. Hopefully he can come back and break the record that he would have broken 8 years ago.

Great news that all those teams are banned. That means we can aim for a team title for the first time ever?

Comment

Why doesn’t the Olympic gold medalist Saeed Mohammadpour compete anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Ata View Post
                  Why doesn’t the Olympic gold medalist Saeed Mohammadpour compete anymore?
                  I think he hasn't recovered from his terrible injury.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                    I think he hasn't recovered from his terrible injury.
                    that was long time ago, he fully recovered but got injured again !

btw he is not an Olympic champion yet, even after a year his case is still in progress, they still have to "officially" ban those guys , they probably took that to the CAS and made the whole process even longer.

Comment

Afarin!! Wonderful!!

Comment

Sohrab Moradi just lifted 240kg in C&J in TM camp. This is 8kg higher than world record!!!!!!
                        As a 94kg lifter this is unbelievable as very few lifters in 105kg and even heavyweight can lift this much. I hope he is not doping lol.

http://video.varzesh3.com/video/145274

Comment

^ Oh my god, how is the possible. That is truly unbelievable. I truly hope that he is not doping as well because at this rate he will murder the competition in the next few world championships and the 2020 Olympics.

Comment

Great emotional vid on sohrab
                            http://tamasha.com/v/E6eR1

Comment

Working...
                            X