Japanese/Iranians pitcher for the Dodgers is making headlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who are baseball fans, the dodgers are in the playoffs and have their Number 2 pitcher, Yu Darvish pitching a one hitter. He is half japanese and half iranian. He is also a high profile pitcher in the major leagues.
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Yu Darvish for TM!
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

dodgers beating the cubs with Darvish pitching ......
      “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

I know him and met him in real life before, he left the Texas Rangers :’( Also Persiangooner is that you?

Comment

He has been in the news for years. Darvish was a dominant pitcher in Japan. It took awhile but he finally moved to the Major Leagues in the US about 5-6 years ago. He's a very good pitcher but is a bit inconsistent and has some injury issues. I still would consider him a top 20 pitcher in baseball. I have been a huge fan for the past decade. He has a very healthy fan base because of his pitching style.

Personally he's a very good guy. He is close to his Iranian father and has always been thankful of his Iranian background even saying that it would make him happy to popularize baseball in Iran and among Iranians with his success. His middle name is Farid and he uses it from time to time.

He used to be married to a very popular Japanese pop singer but got a divorce a few years back. I believe he is currently engaged to Seiko Yamamoto who is from one of the most famous wrestling families in Japan. Seiko is a 4 time world champion wrestler at 55kg.
          "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
            I know him and met him in real life before, he left the Texas Rangers :’( Also Persiangooner is that you?
            Lol I wish I was a multi millionaire playing a sport I love (and rake in that kos [emoji23])
            Probably wouldn’t be on PFDC if I were hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
              Lol I wish I was a multi millionaire playing a sport I love (and rake in that kos [emoji23])
              Probably wouldn’t be on PFDC if I were hahaha

Are Japanese on your moms side by any chance lol?

Comment

Are Japanese on your moms side by any chance lol?
                Nah I’m half Persian half Filipino, no Japanese blood. I do have Japanese citizenship though.

Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

How was he in person?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                    How was he in person?
                    Ghaad Boland, Sangin Rangin, Messleh Shakh e Shemshaad!
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                      How was he in person?
                      Damn bro, I’m sorry for late reply... did’t see this message until now

He is a chill person, he was so happy to meet Iranian fan, and had only great things to say about Iran. He said he enjoys Iranian culture (more specifically the food and the music lol) His dad is also a cool person too Wish he was still here in Texas, he was a fan favorite

Comment

Darvish was instrumental in losing game 7 and the World Series for the Dodgers! Clearly he had diminished focus after the race gesture incident.
                        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

ah man i knew it was too good to be true.....Dodgers lost and Darvish fukked up 2 of the games. Especially the last game 7.....first 2 innings he let them get 5 in and that was it, Dodgers never made a come back. The whole team under peformed but Darvish being starting pitcher made him look worse than he is.

Sucks we can never have a successful team Athlete it seems

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                            ah man i knew it was too good to be true.....Dodgers lost and Darvish fukked up 2 of the games. Especially the last game 7.....first 2 innings he let them get 5 in and that was it, Dodgers never made a come back. The whole team under peformed but Darvish being starting pitcher made him look worse than he is.

Sucks we can never have a successful team Athlete it seems
                            Eh Astros are an amazing team. Historic even. Darvish got screwed in the world series because they used balls that had a world series logo and were coated in a slippery substance to hold that logo. As such Darvish's go to pitch, the slider, was much harder to consistently throw. Both teams complained about it. Also in game 7, an error in the first inning led to both runs. A lot went wrong that wasn't Darvish's fault. He is still a tremendous pitcher. Hell even Kershaw, who is the best pitcher in a generation had issues in game 5.
                            "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Darvish is now a free agent. MLB official site ranked him as the No.1 player of the off-season. He is expected to sign a contract in the range of six years, $140 million.
                              http://m.mlb.com/news/article/260157...b-free-agents/

Comment

Working...
                              X