Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Both Iran and Malta waterpolo finalists disqualified!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Iran and Malta waterpolo finalists disqualified!

Iran having beat Malta in group competition, was behind or lost the final game to Malta but fights seem to have ensued.
    Malta, the host nation, were playing the Iranians for the gold medal and led 8-6 with 44 seconds left to play.
    The match was to end in disgrace, however, with provocation between both sets of players beginning in the pool and spilling to the sidelines.
    Five Iranian players were sent off with two Maltese also given their marching orders.
    Verbal exchanges carried on outside of the pool and players from both sides exited the water to join the fray as scenes became increasingly unsavory.
    The officials abandoned the game 33 seconds from time before both sides were disqualified.
    Uruguay were named as International Swimming Federation (FINA) World Men's Water Polo Development Trophy champions after finalists Malta and Iran were both thrown out of the tournament following ugly scenes in Gzira.
    https://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...are-thrown-out

I enjoy this A LOT!!!

Admittingly, I haven't seen the game, so cannot say who started what and why etc

BUT I enjoyed this decision by the International Swimming Federation because:

1, There is no place for such incidents in any sports arena whatsoever.
    2, MALTA did not get GOLD with only 44 secs left and was disqualified in their own home ground! HAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA LOOOL!
    3, This will be a good lesson for our athletes to learn how to behave and have sportsmanship
    4, go back to point 2 HAHAHAHHA!
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Video?

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
      به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Working...
      X