X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fifa considers changes to nationality rules

Bad news for Qatar.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN1CO31N
    Players are only allowed to represent a country with which they have no blood connection if they have lived and played there for five years, but Montagliani said his committee would look into changing that period and possibly increasing it.

Awesome although even better would it to be solely on blood ties.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

^ Never gonna happen and it isn't feasible ^

Not fair to those who come from useless countries but want to play football internationally. England and France have well benefited from that and so have the coloured players (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). The extension rule would be good though, I don't even think a good portion of Qatar's players can speak Arabic...

Comment

World soccer’s ruling body could also look into a compensation scheme in cases where a player goes through the training system of one country and represents it a youth level before switching to another.
        This is incredibly stupid.
        "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
          This is incredibly stupid.
          Well I mean that's the reason Dejagah is playing for us today sooo.....

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
            Well I mean that's the reason Dejagah is playing for us today sooo.....
            When did we compensate Germany??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When did we compensate Germany??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Shit sorry, I misunderstood it. Tbh though a compensation fee sounds fair. Not fair to an organization to put so much resources and time for a player only to have him turn their backs for a country that didn't even help them out. Nigeria FA keeps doing this to English players of Nigerian descent and it's pretty annoying.

Comment

Shit sorry, I misunderstood it. Tbh though a compensation fee sounds fair. Not fair to an organization to put so much resources and time for a player only to have him turn their backs for a country that didn't even help them out. Nigeria FA keeps doing this to English players of Nigerian descent and it's pretty annoying.
                Eh. Its a bad idea to involve money into the equation. You could have situations where players are used in order to receive revenue and also could see nations using the system to have their players coached up by foreign programs for money as well.

Comment

Eh. Its a bad idea to involve money into the equation. You could have situations where players are used in order to receive revenue and also could see nations using the system to have their players coached up by foreign programs for money as well.
                  I don't think the compensation fee would be worth the effort of setting up a system like that though. It's likely going to be a small-ish fee (determined by FIFA) just so countries that contributed nothing to a player's development can't keep coming out and leeching off footballers from other countries (just because of blood ties) anytime they like. Idk, since I really hate how Nigeria keeps doing this shit to England I personally like the rule.

Comment

I don't think the compensation fee would be worth the effort of setting up a system like that though. It's likely going to be a small-ish fee (determined by FIFA) just so countries that contributed nothing to a player's development can't keep coming out and leeching off footballers from other countries (just because of blood ties) anytime they like. Idk, since I really hate how Nigeria keeps doing this shit to England I personally like the rule.
                    Once you allow money into the system, corruption is quick to follow.

Comment

Why should federations compensate another federation for a player that may never end up playing for the senior squad.

Comment

^ Never gonna happen and it isn't feasible ^

Not fair to those who come from useless countries but want to play football internationally. England and France have well benefited from that and so have the coloured players (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). The extension rule would be good though, I don't even think a good portion of Qatar's players can speak Arabic...
                        Regardless of how useless your country is, all countries play internationally.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                        X