Iranian MMA Fighters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranian MMA Fighters

Amir Aliakbari will be fighting at the New Years Eve Rizin event (via twitter). Opponent currently unknown.
    "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
    Amir Aliakbari will be fighting at the New Years Eve Rizin event (via twitter). Opponent currently unknown.
    jeez is he not good enough to fight for real in usa? or does he not get go ahead because hes iranian?

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
      jeez is he not good enough to fight for real in usa? or does he not get go ahead because hes iranian?
      I think you mean in the UFC? RIZIN is a pretty good promotion and treats Amir really well. The UFC doesn't have a very good stable of HW fighters at the moment and I am sure is still trying to figure out what they want to do with fighters like Amir and Sergey Pavlovich. Also Trump didn't make it any easier for Amir to fight in the UFC, especially in a US event.

However Amir is represented by Paradigm management and is trained by AKA Thailand under Mike Swick. Both are well positioned in the MMA world. I suspect the UFC wants Amir to continue improving in RIZIN before giving him a fight he could lose. Amir is much better off fighting on a RIZIN main card than he is on a UFC undercard.

Comment

ashkan mokhtarian got knocked out this weekend unfortunately
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
          I think you mean in the UFC? RIZIN is a pretty good promotion and treats Amir really well. The UFC doesn't have a very good stable of HW fighters at the moment and I am sure is still trying to figure out what they want to do with fighters like Amir and Sergey Pavlovich. Also Trump didn't make it any easier for Amir to fight in the UFC, especially in a US event.

However Amir is represented by Paradigm management and is trained by AKA Thailand under Mike Swick. Both are well positioned in the MMA world. I suspect the UFC wants Amir to continue improving in RIZIN before giving him a fight he could lose. Amir is much better off fighting on a RIZIN main card than he is on a UFC undercard.
          yes ufc. but he's not getting any younger and now he's been in thai for what 3 years? thats a long time

Comment

yes ufc. but he's not getting any younger and now he's been in thai for what 3 years? thats a long time
            But he started MMA just 3 years ago at a not young age, surely, you cannot expect him to be Adeorian!
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

3 years in MMA is not long at all. MMA is not like other sports where you are washed up by age 30. Many UFC fighters make their debut after 30. Yoel Romero, who is one of my favorite fighters and probably the most decorated wrestler to enter MMA before Amir was 32 before his first MMA fight and 36 before his first UFC fight. He got his title shot at 40 years old. This isn't an isolated case. Lots of MMA fighters hit their prime in their 30s.

Also, while he trains in Thailand, he doesn't fight there. He is one of RIZIN's key assets, and RIZIN is a pretty good brand and is big in Japan. Remember, PRIDE (which was run by the same people running RIZIN) was the jewel of the MMA world in the early 2000's. Also, don't knock AKA Thailand. Their facility is unreal. Whenever I see videos I get so jealous because I would love to live there. It looks like paradise. They literally train right on the beach.

Comment

He isn't in the UFC because of USADA. No way he is passing the drug tests.

Comment

Looks like Amir has moved on from Rizin and has signed with ACB. A top European promotion out of Russia. Probably a good move as there are much better fighters in ACB than in Rizin.

Comment

I have noticed that only Iranian-born or Of-Iranian-Ancestry MMA Fighters from abroad participate in top competition such as UFC, Cage Warriors, Bellator etc. The only exception is Amir Aliakbari.

Tajik, Armenian, Georgian, Russian [specially Chechen and Dagistani], Uzbek, Kyrgyz and Kazakh are very good.

Among Turkmens there is one I have seen videos on youtube Dovletdzhan Yagshimuradov is very good, among Afghans Siyar Bahadurzada and Baz Mohammad Mubariz are very good. Overall I think Iran, Afghanistan, Turkey and Azerbaijan have a longway to go to be able to win many fights over fighters from other countries.

Here is the list, please let me know of any other good fighters that you know of then maybe I can watch their fights on Youtube.

Ashkan Mokhtarian (AUSTRALIA) [his brother Suman is also good but has yet to fight in a top competition]
                    Ali Arish (ENGLAND)
                    Mohsen Bahari (NORWAY)
                    Gegard Mousasi (NETHERLANDS)
                    Sirwan Kakai (SWEDEN)
                    Reza Madadi (SWEDEN)
                    Makwan Amirkhani (FINLAND)
                    Beneil Dariush (USA)
                    Kamal Shalrous (USA)

Iranian-based such as Masoud Ranjbar, Farzad Ghaderi, Ali Mahro Bakhtiari, Hasan Amoei Taromsari, Maziar Yari and UAE-based Hussein "Black Scorpion" Mollamahdi are good and can make it big someday.

Females
                    Pannie Kianzad (SWEDEN)

I have seen 3 fighters from Iran, 1 from USA all were not good! Although one by the name of Masoumeh Toghan is good.
                    For those who want to find out more, here are where you can you lookup Iranian fighters.
                    https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-...ity/country-ir
                    http://www.sherdog.com/
                    Last edited by Rooyintan; 12-20-2017, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X