Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CONGRATULATIONS TO IRAN'S WEIGHTLIFTING TEAM for 1st EVER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS TITLE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CONGRATULATIONS TO IRAN'S WEIGHTLIFTING TEAM for 1st EVER WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS TITLE

As you might be aware the world Weightlifting championships 2017 took place in Anaheim, USA during the past week.

We took part with 8 athletes and our boys managed to win the competition both in terms of gold medals 2 Golds, 1 Silver, 2 Bronze and more importantly in terms of points.

1- Iran (509 points)
    2- South Korea (454 points)
    3. Uzbekistan (354 points)

Congratulations to all!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ALL! HISTORIC MOMENT!!!

Ranking by Big (Total result) medals
    1, Iran 2 GOLD 1 SILVER 2 BRONZE
    1, Colombia 2 GOLD 1 SILVER 2 BRONZE
    3, Georgea 2 GOLD 0 SILVER 1 BRONZE
    etc etc etc.....
    23. Dominican Republic 0 GOLD 0 SILVER 1 BRONZE

Ranking by all medals: Big (Total result) and Small (Snatch and Clean & Jerk)
    1, Thailand 5 GOLD 7 SILVER 3 BRONZE
    2, Iran 5 GOLD 3 SILVER 6 BRONZE
    3, Georgia 5 GOLD 1 SILVER 1 BRONZE
    etc etc etc.....
    31, Mongolia 0 GOLD 0 SILVER 1 BRONZE

Team Iran:
    medal winners:
    Kianoush Rostami SILVER in 85 kgs Snatch.
    Ayoub Mousavian BRONZE in 94 kgs C&J
    Ayoub Mousavian BRONZE in 94 kgs TOTAL (Big Medal).
    Sohrab Moradi GOLD in 94 kgs Snatch
    Sohrab Moradi GOLD in 94 kgs C&J WORLD RECORD!
    Sohrab Moradi GOLD in 94 kgs TOTAL (Big Medal) WORLD RECORD!
    Ali Hashemi GOLD in 105 kgs Snatch
    Ali Hashemi BRONZE in 105 kgs C&J
    Ali Hashemi GOLD in 105 kgs TOTAL (Big Medal).
    Saeid Alihosseini BRONZE in 105+ kgs Snatch
    Behdad Salimi SILVER in 105+ kgs Snatch
    Saeid Alihosseini BRONZE in 105+ kgs C&J
    Behdad Salimi BRONZE in 105+ kgs TOTAL
    Saeid Alihosseini SILVER in 105+ kgs TOTAL
    World Champions:
    Sohrab Moradi 94 kgs
    Ali Hashemi 105 kgs

interesting observation:
    Sohrab Moradi lifted in 94 kgs category, in all three disciplines (snatch, C&J and Total) more weights than the entire 105 kgs category. LOL he should be awarded world championship in 105 kgs too .

my personal tournament highlights:
    - Sohrab Moradi: of course the C&J World Record 233 kgs that also made the Total World Record!
    - Ali Hashemi moved one category up to 105 kgs and wins the championship. Wise, if he would be in 94 kgs with the weights he lifted in 105 kgs (all lower than Moradi), he would Vice World Champ
    - Saeid Alhosseini: fantastic, I am soo happy for him. Unfairly banned by International Weightlifting Federation for 12 years, only after 8 years to realize that his ban was unjustified and allowed him to compete, he comes back from 8 years unfair absence and saves his snatch in the last lift after 2 failed attempts to get Bronze, and then goes on and win the SILVER in total. THIS WAS WEIGHTLIFTING HISTORY!

THIS TEAM DESERVES A BIG THANKS!

WELL DONE BACHEHA!!!! DAMETUN GARM! KHODA GHOVAT!
    Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 12-07-2017, 12:46 AM.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

SOHRAB MORADIS word record lift 233 kgs in C&J (that also made total WR)

ALI HASHEMI’s Gold Lift

105 kgs medal ceremony

105+ kgs medal ceremony

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Congratulations to all. Now we wait 3 years for the Olympics. That is the real test.
        The Georgian dude in the 105+ is too good.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Congratulations to all. Now we wait 3 years for the Olympics. That is the real test.
          Actually for most of the lifters will be no more tests, they already passed their olympics tests with good results, and they will be retiring soon! This was a nice icing of the cake (i.e. bringing Iran’s first ever team titile home).
          But some yougsters have already lined up, i.e. mousavian. etc.

It was Irans first team world championship in history! its a big deal!
          also they are considering to change thr rules for olympics, only 4 athletes per gender per country, and not more than one athlete per weight category and they are considering also to reduce the weight categories from 10 to 7 only for olympics.
          Basically same as wrestling, wherever Iran is good they change weight classifcation and rules.

But anyway, this title is historic. We never won this before!
          Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 12-06-2017, 11:11 AM.

Comment

So for the next Olympics we will send:

85kg - Kianoush Rostami
            94 kg - Sohrab Moradi
            105 kg - Ali Hashemi
            105+kg - Ali Hosseini (Unless Behdad works on his C&J)

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
              So for the next Olympics we will send:

85kg - Kianoush Rostami
              94 kg - Sohrab Moradi
              105 kg - Ali Hashemi
              105+kg - Ali Hosseini (Unless Behdad works on his C&J)
              3 years is a long time. I’n Not sure Hashemi is a guarantee for 105s. The 105 session here was very weak compared to what we can expect at the Olympics. Most top lifters from Rio we’re missing. I think Soleymani can give Hashemi a run for his money. He’s very young.. Maybe even Mohammadpour if he comes back as a 105. He’s still young as well. Would love to see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                i have a feeling he is doping, remmber illya illin, considered a legend but eventually was found doping, and behdad keep getting screwed by jury is BS

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                  i have a feeling he is doping, remmber illya illin, considered a legend but eventually was found doping, and behdad keep getting screwed by jury is BS
                  Well he’s innocent until proven guilty. Just because his numbers were impressive doesn’t automatically mean he is doping.

With that logic then it’s almost certain that Sohrab Moradi was doping too, as he not only beat everyone in his weight class (Snatch, C&J, TOTAL (WR) ) but also beat everyone in the 105’s (Snatch, C&J, TOTAL), which is very rare.

And Iranians sure do love a conspiracy. Why would the judges purposely be against Behdad. This is a case of emotions over logic. Behdad did a press-out in his 3rd C&J attempt. No arguments there.

Now did other lifters get away with doing a Press-out in this competition? Some did and some didn’t like Behdad.

So you’re saying why always Behdad that gets called out for it? Because Behdad is 90% of the time doing Press-outs when he is reaching his maximum weight in the C&J.

Because Behdad Press-outs his C&J more often than other lifters, he gets called out for it by the judges more often.

Comment

To be fair, both Sohrab and Lasha served doping bans in the past.

Comment

I agree we cannot comfortably assume Talakhadze was doped just because he lifted more than our Athletes.
                      I remember how mad I was when Rezazadeh broke C&J word record and some stupid people in Europe said "oh he must have been doped". That's wrong.
                      Fact is Talakhadze won because he was the stronger and better lifter. His Snatch of 220 kgs was insane! This man deserves respect!
                      But I am happy that we had two athletes on the podium, specially Saeid AliHosseini, so happy for him!

Comment

Please Retweet:

https://twitter.com/FootballPersian/...81194140995587

Comment

Iranians are HORRIBLE at promoting. This thing was in Anaheim and i had not heard about it at all until now that is over.

Comment

Comment

Great video of Saeid Alihosseini in the training hall at worlds

Comment

Working...
                              X