Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUPERB players who never did or will see the WORLD CUP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUPERB players who never did or will see the WORLD CUP.

This is the biggest tragedy of football that many extremely talented players who are brilliant at their clubs, never get to play in the WC, due to either weak Nat-teams or due to other factors such as war, ... etc etc.

In Iran, for example we had the NATIONAL-SUICIDE (aka revolution) and the subsequent 8 year war (7 of which is OUR OWN fault for not accepting the peace deal & over $650 BILLION reparations offered by the arab nations to Iran!!!). Or just unlucky moments in qualifications that totally took out an entire generation of great players, or ... .
    IMO, guys like Namjoo-Motlagh, Navidkia, Mobaali, ... are prime examples of this tragedy.

But it gets even more poignant & sad when we see guys like Ryan Giggs, who was the victim of a weak Wales or the Fin, Litmannen who watched the WCs come & go with a whole bunch of utterly garbage players play while they sat home!

I'd sadly add Obameyang (Congo) to this list!
    Some may pick chaps like Mikhitarian (Armenia) who is a pretty good player but chances are he'll never see the WC.

Who are your picks?

Cantona, Ian Rush, Weah.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Obameyang is from Gabon.

Also, Mobali was on roids iirc... so not really a tragedy.

Comment

Bale, Ramsey, Best, Di Stefano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Armin98 View Post
          Bale, Ramsey, Best, Di Stefano

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Di Stefano made Spain's roster for the 1962 World Cup although he didn't get any playing time.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Navidkia was on the 2006 squad but was injured the whole time.

The best player I can think of who never played a World Cup is George Best. He didn't play in a single World Cup or European Championship.

Comment

dont worry once they ruin the world cup by 2026 with 48 teams, everyone will get in

Comment

Brent Schuster, one of the best footballers Germany produced in the 80s but excluded from the Manschaft due to his camp trouble making and basically lack of willingness to give it his 100% for the national team.

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Cantona is def one of the big ones.

Comment

Maldini
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Another one is Matt Le Tissier, should have been in the 98 England team. Not many will know him because he stayed loyal and played all his glory years for Southampton but he was one of the most prolific stickers in the premier league.

Comment

Ali Akbar Ostad Asadi was Iranian Maldini of his time.

Comment

Ibrahimovic
                          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

GEORGE BEST
                            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                              Ibrahimovic
                              He was in the 2002 and 2006 World Cups.

Comment

Working...
                              X