Chicago & Vancouver drop out of bid for World cup in 2026

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicago & Vancouver drop out of bid for World cup in 2026

apparently there is a clause that would demand host cities to be governed under Swiss law

FIFA insists that contracts with host cities contain a provision they be governed under Swiss law and give FIFA the ability to modify agreements at any time.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...315-story.html

Morocco will win it anyways

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
      Morocco will win it anyways
      I agree. The chances never have been so good for Morocco.
      The latest US foreign politics has upset Mexico. Beside this, the Muslim ban will cause most muslin countries vote for Morocco.
      Another big point will be that the games can take place in the same time zone as Europe, which generates most of the incoming of TV Rights and Sponsoring.

The only point is: can Morrocco handle a 48 Team worldcup?

Comment

Toronto Montreal new York LA Boston Mexico city put the games in these cities
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Homa View Post
          I agree. The chances never have been so good for Morocco.
          The latest US foreign politics has upset Mexico. Beside this, the Muslim ban will cause most muslin countries vote for Morocco.
          Another big point will be that the games can take place in the same time zone as Europe, which generates most of the incoming of TV Rights and Sponsoring.

The only point is: can Morrocco handle a 48 Team worldcup?
          And I read that Asia and South America will support the Morocco bid which will give them enough votes.

Comment

Morocco hosting a world cup? how many cities and stadiums do they even have?

US is completely ready....they should give 2022 to US and screw Qatar. There is no way people play WC in a winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
              apparently there is a clause that would demand host cities to be governed under Swiss law
              Great!

I mean how can they organize a world wide sports event with having “Travel Bans” in place?

Swiss Law Shireh!!!
              FIFA’s lawyers for TM!!!
              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

USA Canada and Mexico combined can't get the wc, but Qatar can..
                FIFA sucks

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
                  USA Canada and Mexico combined can't get the wc, but Qatar can..
                  FIFA sucks
                  Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                  Morocco hosting a world cup? how many cities and stadiums do they even have?

US is completely ready....they should give 2022 to US and screw Qatar. There is no way people play WC in a winter.
                  It would be cool to see a WC in the winter for once

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                    It would be cool to see a WC in the winter for once
                    already happened in south africa

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                      already happened in south africa
                      I mean my winter lol during the months of November-December because they are the most boring for me personally.

Comment

Working...
                      X