2017 FIBA Under-16 Asian Championship

Iran won their group

Macau 45–148 Iran

Iran 93–84 Chinese Taipei

Quarterfinals
    6 April 2018
    15:00
    Iran vs winner of New Zealand/Malaysia

Iran just got upset by New Zealand in the Quarter Finals. They had to win to make it to the World Cup now NZ will go for their first time ever.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
      Iran just got upset by New Zealand in the Quarter Finals. They had to win to make it to the World Cup now NZ will go for their first time ever.

Typical Iranian complacency and overconfidence.
      At least its at a level where they'll learn not to think there are easy games.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Typical Iranian complacency and overconfidence.
        At least its at a level where they'll learn not to think there are easy games.
        not really. the game was close from start to finish, everybody knew NZ will be as good as Iran. I watched the game and I believe Iran was technically the better team. we missed so many easy layups under the basket.

I also want to blame the format. at this age level. they need to play more games. they came into this crucial QF game with only serious game vs Taiwan. even China and Australia (they were supposed to destroy their opponent) had hard time in quarterfinal. we were als unlucky with the draw. any other 2nd placed team from other groups would be easier than NZ.

Comment

Working...
        X