2018 Asian Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow some good news:

Iran managed to defeat China in Water Polo for the Bronze Medal. This is the first time Iran gets a medal in Water Polo since 1974.

We also made it to the final in eSports (PES event). The final is against Japan. Unfortunately the medals don't count, but it's still nice that we see our gamers receive a medal in eSports.

Comment

Water Polo medal was really historical. I know these guys tried hard a year only for this match. in past 20-30 years nobody could touch the big 3 (China, Japan and Kazakhstan) in water polo. now we have have a small chance for Olympic qualification (Japan as host won't participate in the qualifiers) we are not that far behind Kazakhstan. even though we are still 4th in Asia behind those big 3. beating China once doesn't make us a better team than China but that was a good start.

Uzbekistan won so many gold medals in cheap sports. they won 6 out of 7 available gold medals in Kurash (Iran took the remaining gold) , they won 5 gold in corrupt sport of Boxing , (current AIBA president is a mafia boss from Uzbekistan, you can google Gafur Rakhimov) they also stole a gold medal from us in wrestling (130kg Greco-Roman) I'm OK with 6th place. I was expecting something around 5th to 7th. even though we lost so many gold medals easily. we could have won 5-6 more.

now let's win two last remaining finals

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
        We also made it to the final in Esports (PES event). The final is against Japan. Unfortunately the medals don't count, but it's still nice that we see our gamers receive a medal in Esports.
        we can see the final here in few minutes
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvDHivDlUb4

eSports will be an official event for the next Games in 2022. so this is good to win something.

btw we also won the women's Canoe Polo gold medal. that was also a demonstration event.

Comment

One of the boxing judges was Iranian and he broke a split decision and gifted the 20th Gold medal and with it the 5th place in medal rankings to Uzbekistan. Typical Iranian self-inflicting damage. No Uzbek or Korean would do this if it harmed their country’s delegation.

Comment

I was already sour from the way Indonesia took our 4th place because of their silly privileges for hosting the games and adding silly sports to their program that only they are good at.

THEN I got totally sour because Uzbekistan took our 5th place because of Kurash (their national sport) being added to the program.

But whatever the excuse, I don't see Japan or Korea dropping to 6th because of this. So we MUST NOT TAKE THIS AS AN EXCUSE FOR NOT IMPROVING.

We really are a long way off from reaching our potential as a sporting nation.

Comment

Basketball final starting now (Iran vs China)
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3QNho4vjNI

eSport (PES) final starting now (Iran vs Japan)
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvDHivDlUb4

Volleyball final starting now (Iran vs South Korea)
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LxwD1AvHII

Comment

Iran won the first game in PES with 3-1!!!!
                maa bachehaaye iroonim
                hamishe irooni mimoonim
                baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
                baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

What a close match that was between Iran and Japan, but unfortunately Japan barely won.
                  Silver medal in eSports for Iran. Doesn't count though.

Comment

Pity. We played great in first 2 quarters and had a 16 point lead, but suddenly lost focus after that.

Comment

Iran wins gold in Volleyball without losing a single set during the entire tournament.

I'm proud of our Volleyball.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                        Pity. We played great in first 2 quarters and had a 16 point lead, but suddenly lost focus after that.
                        Terrible coaching.

Samad was below average today, but the coach kept him on the floor for the whole match.

As always Hassanzadeh was great at post 4 once they gave him playing, but from 3rd quarter they switched him with Arghavan and since then we went into big troubles.

What a pity they kept into Hamed isolation as tactic, while Yakhchali was the other solution. Hassanzadeh and Jamshidi could have been very useful. Same for Samad when he did try some penetrating move.

On the other hand China used 100% of their potential with various players and tactics.
                        This China team is certainly good, 2 NBA players, and soon another one.
                        But we could really beat them.

Samad is done. Still good but no more IQ in his game.
                        Time to give the keys to Yakhchali, Jamshidi, Hassanzadeh or Kazemi.

Comment

Damn uzbekistan jumped ahead of us in the rankings. Now we are down to 6th

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            Damn uzbekistan jumped ahead of us in the rankings. Now we are down to 6th
                            Yes this is unacceptable. I expect Iran's sport federation to sit down this very day and make plans to improve Iran's sport!

Comment

Well done Islamic republic. We need to do better at athletics and swimming which get much media exposure at the Olympics. Besides, the two sports are medal mines. There were 48 gold medals in athletics and 41 in swimming at the 2018 Asian Games.

Comment

I think Shahintab made a big mistake benching all of his 5 starters in 2nd quarter. he was feeling comfortable with 16pts lead but that was a big mistake. that helped China coming back into the game and since then China shoot so many 3s. and we lost focus.

I wonder if we ever win the Basketball gold. we won't be a gold medal favorite without Haddadi.

Comment

Working...
                                X