• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arsene Wenger Finally Retired

Arsene Wenger Confirms Summer Exit from Arsenal
    Tom Sunderland
    April 20, 2018

Arsene Wenger will step down as manager of Arsenal this summer after 22 years at the club.

The Gunners released a statement via their official website on Friday that revealed this campaign would be Wenger's last as chief at the Emirates Stadium, and the Frenchman explained his decision to step down:

"After careful consideration and following discussions with the club, I feel it is the right time for me to step down at the end of the season.

"I am grateful for having had the privilege to serve the club for so many memorable years.

"I managed the club with full commitment and integrity."

The 68-year-old went on to thank all members of the "special" club he joined in October 1996, signing off: "To all the Arsenal lovers, take care of the values of the club. My love and support for ever."
    Formerly known as: kachal

I guess no Saman Ghoddos for Arsenal

Comment

Thank you Arsene! A true legend to the game of football.
      Big questions will now be who Arsenal hires and where Wenger goes next?

Imagine Arsene Wenger as the next TM manager if CQ steps down after Asian Cup

Comment

Thread moved to Retirement Forum.
        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

This is crazy news. Was needed in order to get Arsenal back to the top.

Comment

Alluhuakbar. Khoda ro shokr. It will be bizarre as I grew up only knowing arsenal with arsene but it has been needed for years. I think the team really may fight for him now in the remaining games. I’m speechless. My interest in arsenal is so low I don’t even watch their matches live anymore .

Comment

After Sir Alex he was the only one left that brought that sense of 90' and 00's nostalgic feeling to the EPL. Now with him gone a part of my childhood also seems gone. Pretty much all the GOATs from that era have retired or about to retire.

Comment

Probably Viera will replace him. RIP Aresenal's beautiful football.

Comment

He hasn't stepped down, or retired...in reality he has been 'gracefully sacked'.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                    Probably Viera will replace him. RIP Aresenal's beautiful football.
                    More like RIP losing drought.. There's no such thing as beautiful football when it doesn't product results

Comment

It was about time

He wasn’t able to reinvent himself and arsenal had been continually underachieving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

This sucks, now I can't watch Arsenal Fan TV anymore :/

Comment

He had great success considering he didn’t rack up a huge deficit like other clubs and didn’t pay as high of wages. Like everyone is saying, it was probably time, but I’ll remember him fondly.

Comment

he will have plenty of offers from USA, Qatar, USA and KSA

I thought Arsenal was getting Tuchel but I read Tuchel is going to PSG. So maybe Allegri or Patrick Viera or even Conte
                            Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 04-22-2018, 08:26 PM.
                            Originally posted by siavasharian
                            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

The greatest XI of Arsene Wenger’s incredible Arsenal career
                              http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/20/greate...areer-7483637/

Comment

Working...
                              X