• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 FIBA World Cup Qualifiers - ASIA

Hello all Basketball fans,

Asia qualifiers have been playing.
    You can follow from http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...ian-qualifiers

Tommorrow its Iran vs Kazakhstan [what a great game that will be].

One thing that makes any sport interesting for me is the 'thing' on which the game will be decided should be difficult to achieve.

Why football is great to watch because so few goals are scored on average we have plenty of 0-0 and 1-0. Sure a score line of 4-3 or 5-4 is good for one match but when it keeps happening than no one likes it its takes the beauty out of the game.

Same thing in Cricket when one teams score 400+ and the other chase it down and it becomes a regular thing everyone hates it. The harder it is to score runs the better the game is.

Because of this i never got into Basketball. Its all about who gets more buckets in the end and you have 100 buckets in one game. Although i enjoy it on video games.

Comment

We beat kazakestan... It was 31-6 from the beginning lol
      Yakhchali 20pts 7rebs 2 steals

Whos the fat guy at #4? Lol

Comment

After the first round we will be grouped with Australia, Philippines and Japan. we will go there with a 5-1 record. unfortunately that Iraq's loss will be carried to the next round.

we had a fight in AUS-Philippines game yesterday. if FIBA doesn't ban anybody, our next game is in September vs the Philippines in Tehran. I think we need 2 win in next 6 games to secure the qualification. but even that won't be easy. Japan looked much better and they even beat Australia with two NBA players.

Comment

So Iran Lucked out. Basically Over a half of the Filipino team got suspensions:

Japeth Aguilar and Matthew Wright (one game each)
          Terence Romeo, Jayson Castro William, Andray Blatche and Jeth Rosario (three games each)
          Roger Pogoy, Carl Cruz and Jio Jalalon (five games each)
          Calvin Abueva (six games)
          Assistant Coach Joseph Uichico (three games)
          Head Coach Vincent 'Chot' Reyes (one game)

As for the aussies, only two of their players will be suspended by the time we play them:
          Thon Maker (three games)
          Daniel Kickert (five games)

Comment

Can't get complacent. Even a depleted Philippines will be motivated to beat us.

Australia's team also really steps it up when it matters.

Comment

I believe only Blatche and Castro matter . they can have replacement for the rest easily. I follow them for years and actually there is no much difference between top 50 players in the Philippines. they are still a good team but of course they will be weaker

as for Australia, Maker would not play in Tehran no matter what, that game will be during the NBA season if I'm not wrong. Australia even without all of its NBA stars is still a very strong team. I think we need 2 or 3 wins in this round to make the job done. home games vs PHI and JPN are must win here.

Comment

Today we will face Philippines in Tehran. It's our first match in the second round.

Comment

Game is ongoing.
                  We are playing very poorly but somehow staying in the game.

Positive is that women are allowed into the stadium.

Comment

Arsalan has missed so many free throws unfortunately.

Comment

We won the game 81-73. Score is not reflective of how close the game was.

The team is still way too sloppy (2 8 second violations) as well as really bad on free throws.

Need way more speed.

Comment

the only good thing about this game was the win. which was very important for the World Cup qualification. that was a poor game against a depleted Philippino squad

I don't expect us to win the next game in Japan on monday. but a win in Japan will almost secure our place at the World Cup.

Comment

SICK play by Iran one famous victory! Manavi was a BEAST but entire team played at 98% of its ability. Ebadipour was also flawless. Great to see the oldies like mousavi and marouf once again be at their PEAK. sick sick victory at the home of the host!

Comment

Any highlights?

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                              Any highlights?

Comment

Working...
                              X