No announcement yet.

2019 FIBA World Cup Qualifiers - ASIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we will play Japan in few hours and unfortunately Haddadi and Samad didn't travel to Japan with the team for different reasons. we are underdog here. actually if we beat this well-prepared Japan that will be a huge surprise. Japan beat Australia at home couple months ago

but if we win that will almost secure our world cup berth. and remember despite being in top of the group with a 6-1 record , we have to play 4 more games, two of them are against Australia and one of them away in the Philippines. so this game is actually very important.

Comment

Japan is beatable. They aren't an Asian powerhouse in basketball. I know they beat Australia but every underdog has their day. Their overall record is only 3-4.

Comment

Sitting and watching this as work, as I have done with all our basketball and volleyball games these days!

Comment

We are losing 43-57......Pathetic game. 10 minutes to go.

Comment

Unfortunately we lost 70-56.... Remember volleyball tonight!

Comment

Don't panic. First of all, we missed key players this time. And this Japan isn't what they used to be. Now Japan has 3 NBA class players and they started to call up the stars from the Australia game. Watanabe is under contract with Grizzlies. Hachimura is expected to be drafted in the early first round of the next NBA draft. Fazekas is a naturalized player who played for Clippers.

Comment

well that was expected. but one day we have to learn to play without Haddadi and Samad, they won't be around forever.

I think Japan and Philippines will win both Qatar and Kazakhstan home and away. in this case Japan will be 7-4 and Philippines will be 8-3. (both of them with one more game against Iran ) assuming we will lose twice to Australia we will be 6-4 (with 2 games remaining) to be sure about the qualification we have to win both games

because if we lose in Philippines (which is unfortunately likely to happen) we will go 6-5 against Japan and for qualifciation we have to beat them by +14 pts thanks to our terrible game today (losing by 14) we will need a big win against . I think we just made it VERY HARD today.

Comment

I was checking the results and it seems there is another way for Iran to qualify !

Asia has 7 spots + China (World Cup host) if China finishes in top 4 of other group. we will qualify for the World Cup no matter what. China is currently 5th bust mostly because they didn't play with a strong roster but as far as I know they will bring all of their top players for the next 4 games. they will beat Syria twice for sure. I think they will also beat Lebanon and Jordan which will be enough for Iran to qualify !

Comment

Unlike volleyball, our basketball team has stagnated.

Comment

any links to the Finland-Iran match? They are in the 5th set!

Comment

it seems iran will get usa and bulgaria and canada in the enxt group. BUT france has to win vs canada or iran will get france instead of canada.

Comment

Lol u guys have mixed up volleyball with basketball

Comment

An Iranian club became the champions of Asia.
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_F..._Champions_Cup

Comment

Iran lost to Australia 47-76.

Comment

Iran beat Philippines 78-70.

Comment

Working...
                                X