Unpopular Football Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unpopular Football Opinions

Do you think that it's time we introduced sin-bins?

Post your un-popular football opinions in here without fear of a meltdown from the rest of us. I hope so

Leicester weren't in the wrong when they sacked Ranieri.

Clock should be stopped when the ball goes out of play or during an inury

Goalkeepers in pajamas look horrible(expect that Hungarian keeper)

Marc-Andre ter Stegen is at least on the same level as Manuel Neuer.

Didier Drogba is the best and greatest target-man of all time. It's an odd role, really. It requires a lot more dirty work than typical forwards, and in that I've always though ~10 per season is a good return for a target-man.

Comment

Uruguay vs Argentina is the biggest and bitterest rivalry of South America than Argentina vs Brazil. Both of them have been playing each other far more earlier than Brazil and were more successful than Brazil in the early days.

Asia and Oceania should be merged football wise.

Champions League should be about the league winners only.

Comment

West Asians are more passionate about football than East Asians and should be the dominated force in Asia.

Highly unpopular. Even if Iran and Japan were in each others group in this world cup. They both would have played the same football that they did and Japan still would have played the better football to watch.

Comment

Brazil hasn't been good in football in nearly 30 years and their players are the most overhyped in the world.

World Cup is better than Euro Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            Brazil hasn't been good in football in nearly 30 years and their players are the most overhyped in the world.
            World Cup is better than Euro Cup.
            Before the expansion i'd say Euros were better competition wise. World Cup has teams around the world different styles and players so this is a big plus but group stages of the Euros were more tougher than the World Cup. Euro 2008 was the last good international tournament quality and entertainment wise

Comment

Sergio Ramos is the most influential player in Real Madrid's modern history.

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
                Sergio Ramos is the most influential player in Real Madrid's modern history.

Comment

Originally posted by ShervinJ View Post
                  No meltdowns please

Comment

On my earlier comment.

The La Liga title that Real won two years ago wouldn't have happened without Sergio Ramos and neither would the first of the Chanpions Leagues against Atlético Madrid and the first two of three in a row either. Minus what I've said and we would have probably the poorest era in Real Madrid's history.

In essence... Sergio Ramos is the messiah of Real Madrid CF and their most influential player since Alfredo Di Stéfano.

that's no joke... I genuinely add that to Sergio Ramos's out and out legend early status and not just the most influential player in Real Madrid's history, but one of the most in the history of the modern game.

Comment

Italian Football sucks.

Totti is a piece of shit who ruined football by popularizing diving.

Jose Mourinho is the most overrated Coach in football history. He just had the benefit of taking over teams with a huge amount of star power.

Azmoun's ceiling is mid-teir Russian teams.

Comment

Italian football is about winning not really about scoring goals and that. Much like how Iran plays nowadays.

But i agree it isn't the cup of tea of many people.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                          Italian Football sucks.

Totti is a piece of shit who ruined football by popularizing diving.

Jose Mourinho is the most overrated Coach in football history. He just had the benefit of taking over teams with a huge amount of star power.

Azmoun's ceiling is mid-teir Russian teams.
                          So youre saying for any manager to prove he is World class he has to take a team like Burnley to Champions League final ?

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                            Italian Football sucks.
                            Thats cuz u dont understand football

Everyone in the world is playing tactical now like Italians. Just look at how many successful Italian coaches are (and were) around the world

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                              Thats cuz u dont understand football
                              Everyone in the world is playing tactical now like Italians. Just look at how many successful Italian coaches are (and were) around the world
                              Not really, I understand football enough to distinguish between the slow-paced individualistic dives-fest that is Italian football, and a proper football (Spain, a lot of Bundesliga teams, etc...). I just don't like the Italian style of football. The only Italian coach whose tactics didn't feel like watching paint dry was Sarri.
                              Last edited by The; 07-25-2018, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X