Unpopular Football Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Not really, I understand football enough to distinguish between the slow-paced individualistic dives-fest that is Italian football, and a proper football (Spain, a lot of Bundesliga teams, etc...). I just don't like the Italian style of football. The only Italian coach whose tactics didn't feel like watching paint dry was Sarri.
    Not even from the early 2000s ?

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      Not really, I understand football enough to distinguish between the slow-paced individualistic dives-fest that is Italian football, and a proper football (Spain, a lot of Bundesliga teams, etc...). I just don't like the Italian style of football. The only Italian coach whose tactics didn't feel like watching paint dry was Sarri.
      Again u dont watch. Its not slow its tactical. This is how every successful team plays in CL and ko competitions and this is why all the PL champs have been champs in last 10yrs. So either u adjust or keep fantasizing about fast paced football that doesnt win.

Whats the point of English kick and rush games? I dont even enjoy most cuz nothing happens just running around and ball bounces around like ping pong. At least pre 2008 PL had some nice long range goals but now they dont even have nice goals. By far german italian and spanish leagues have much nicer goals

P.s. there are more goals scored in Serie A than PL these days

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
        On my earlier comment.

The La Liga title that Real won two years ago wouldn't have happened without Sergio Ramos and neither would the first of the Chanpions Leagues against Atlético Madrid and the first two of three in a row either. Minus what I've said and we would have probably the poorest era in Real Madrid's history.

In essence... Sergio Ramos is the messiah of Real Madrid CF and their most influential player since Alfredo Di Stéfano.

that's no joke... I genuinely add that to Sergio Ramos's out and out legend early status and not just the most influential player in Real Madrid's history, but one of the most in the history of the modern game.
        more like the referees have been the messiah of Real Madrid in all 3 CLs which they won..
        Originally posted by siavasharian
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Personally feel the away goals rule is massively outdated and only seeks to stifle games. The weight of an away goal is just too heavy. It's just not as important as it used to be anymore. They should do away with it all together. Why should an away goal be as important as a home goal? A goal, is a goal. They are equally as valuable.

The game in general has completely evolved from where it was at. Football was far more defensive back in the day. Teams didn't have the tools at their disposal as they do now, in terms of scouting opponents. It was a lot about going into the 'unknown', not knowing what to expect, so away teams would set up conservatively to combat this.

Some away trips would be absolute hell in terms of travelling, it wasn't always straight forward plane journey's as it is now. Of course, if it was a mission to travel, something like this would only add to the disadvantage of being the away team, so away goals would obviously be more valuable but in this day and age, travel is so much more easier. Players have all the comforts they need, it's like a home away from home really. Grounds and pitches are pretty much exemplary too nowadays. I mean we have UEFA 4/5 star rated stadiums in the likes of Azerbaijan, Poland, Ukraine, Russia etc. Facilities are top drawer. It's not as daunting or intimidating.

Personally think we would see the quality of ties improve and be more competitive if we done away with away goals. And if people who actually play or are involved in the game want it gone, what does that tell you. It's time to stop clinging on to an old ideology.

Comment

Working...
          X