2018 World Champs Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 World Champs Volleyball

Iran is bringing its youngest ever team to a major toruney!

We have some huge talent in this team preparing for 2020 olympics!

Touhkte is only 17 years old! 2 guys born 99 and one 98, thats 4 of 14 guys being kids! massive GL in the future to this great team

Great news. Really happy to hear that our team is getting young and using the great talents we consistently have coming up in the past 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
      Iran is bringing its youngest ever team to a major toruney!

We have some huge talent in this team preparing for 2020 olympics!

Touhkte is only 17 years old! 2 guys born 99 and one 98, thats 4 of 14 guys being kids! massive GL in the future to this great team
      These kids were not born when the miracle in Melbourne happened in 1997.

Comment

when are the Iran/TM games?

Comment

In 2 hours we will face Puerto Rico, we are clearly the favorite. Does anybody know which channel will show the Iran games? A link would be great.

Comment

Solid 3-0 win for Iran over Puerto Rico in our first game.

Play Bulgaria tomorrow which will be more difficult.

Comment

Bulgaria is a home team, but TM displayed a solid performance against Puerto Rico. It will be their match to win/lose.

Comment

Solid game yesterday. Unlike our Basketball team we actually do have a 2nd golden generation (who won the youth world champs last year) ready to replace our previous golden generation.
                Mousavi was man of the match by a good margin. He and Marouf are still top 3 in the world in their positions.

Comment

I know Iranian officials are 99% stupid and don't read the rules carefully but looks like our coach is a pro and he probably knows the rules

but it seems all results from the 1st round will be carried forward to the next round. so even one set matters here. we will qualify for the next round for sure but we have to win as many matches as possible. hopefully all 5 matches. that's the only way we can stand a chance in next round with this crazy-stupid format.

today match is key, if we lose to Bulgaria we are already eliminated in the next round. I like our chance against Bulgaria. we were good yesterday

Comment

when is match? Link?

Comment

That was a very important win. Bulgaria was a tough opponent at home. good to win in 4 sets cuz we captured all 3 points. there were some mistakes but I think the whole team played great in general.

I really enjoyed the 4th set. they really had to fight for every single point and they did.

we have bye tomorrow and then Cuba on Saturday. Cuba is young and talented team but we have to beat them for 3pts

Comment

Match against Cuba tomorrow at 16:00 CET!

Comment

Oh man I pray we get to face Netherlands in the 2nd round. That would be so exciting.

For that to happen, Iran needs to finish 2nd or 3rd in the group, and Netherlands must finish 4th in their respective group.

This is a real possibility. I almost hope Iran loses to Poland, because the winner of our group will get a tougher path to the semi-finals. (so yeah I actually wouldn't mind if we lose against Poland).

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                            Oh man I pray we get to face Netherlands in the 2nd round. That would be so exciting.

For that to happen, Iran needs to finish 2nd or 3rd in the group, and Netherlands must finish 4th in their respective group.

This is a real possibility. I almost hope Iran loses to Poland, because the winner of our group will get a tougher path to the semi-finals. (so yeah I actually wouldn't mind if we lose against Poland).
                            Sorry, terrible strategy: never plan to lose. Case in point, see TM football results in Asian games 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post

I think you don't know the format at all. first nobody knows who will play who in the semifinal , there will be 3 group rounds before the semifinal with blind draw for the 3rd round

and second, looks like I have to mention it again. all results from the 1st round will be carried forward to the next round. we have to take all matches serious even Cuba and Finland. because every single set matters.

in second round we will have 4 groups of 4 teams. and after that group winners plus 2 best runners up will qualify for the 3rd round groups. we will play3 matches in 2nd round but all 5 first round matches will be counted too.

our possible second round opponents if we win the group: USA, Canada and maybe Japan
                              our possible second round opponents if we finish 2nd : Russia, Bulgaria and Netherlands

if we win our group, we have a good chance to beat Canada and the other team (Japan, Belgium or Argentina) and even we lose to USA, a 7-1 record is most probably enough to get us to the 3rd round as group winner or at least one of the best runner ups.

but if we lose to Poland, even if we beat Bulgaria again (and Netherlands) we have uphill task against Russia (the best team in the world right now) and with a 6-2 record it's not a sure thing if we qualify.

we have to win as many matches as possible in first round without thinking about 2nd round opponents. Poland won't be unbeatable we beat them handily 3-0 in Nations League but let's think one match at a time. Cuba is not a pushover, they got poor results so far but we know they are highly talented and with young teams everything is possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X