No announcement yet.

2018 World Champs Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran playing Bulgaria now, lost first set, its very close between the two teams!

Comment

Iran lost second set, very close 28-26 (unlucky); third set 16-15 (also very close)

Comment

I think this match made me few years older at least. I'm just tired to write anything about this. everything worked in favor of Bulgaria, I never saw Bulgaria serving like this. that was their day and our bad day. we had our chances , things could be different if we could take advantage of 24-22 lead in 2nd set.

OK, our chance is close to ZERO. still not out on paper but no realistic chance anymore.

Comment

lost all 3 sets

Comment

We can go home with heads high on dream of a great team in 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
              We can go home with heads high on dream of a great team in 2 years
              I don't think we played "great" so far to be proud of that. our only good result was our win against Bulgaria. yes we have some talented young players with great future but there is one weakness in our volleyball which is our serves. I think we are the worst team in term of service among top 16 teams in the world. Our players are not used to receive strong jump serve in our local league. we can't improve from this level until we solve this.

btw we still have a chance on paper. if Iran and USA win tomorrow. USA is already qualified before the last match and I'm quite sure they will use their bench players against Iran which will give Iran a realistic chance of beating them. but first we have to beat Canada which looks unlikely with the way we played today but hope dies last.

even if we are eliminated I hope they beat Canada . finishing 9th is better than 13th. we need all those points for the World Ranking. we will lose few places probably since we were 6th last time.

Comment

Why didn't Manavinejad play? Was he injured?

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                  Why didn't Manavinejad play? Was he injured?
                  He started the match and made so many mistakes in reception and was replaced by Sharifi who did at least better.

at some point we were down 11-2 in first set.

Comment

Lost first set to Canada 20-25

Comment

What is the link to aparat live tv3 ?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        What is the link to aparat live tv3 ?
                        anyone?

Comment

Iran is playing The United States of War, live stream link: http://www.telewebion.com/live/tv3

Comment

that was pathetic, losing 3-0 to USA bench players. all 3 sets EXACTLY the same story.

that was one of the worst tournament we had in past 7-8 years. very bad tournament. we only beat some weak teams here. we will finish 9th or 13th depending on Canada-Bulgaria result.

and I have to say we were in the easiest Group. Poland lost even to Argentina !!

Comment

Pathetic tournament for Iran. We have been on a decline choosing coaches going from the great Velasco and Kovac to this guy.
                              Beside Ghaemi and sometimes Ghafour, our serving is no better than Asia's 3rd rated teams.
                              We have a golden generation behind the lines such as Esfandiar, Aghcheli, Tookhte and Yali who play modern volleyball and should be gradually added to this team and replace players like Shafiei, Faezi and Mirzajanpour and a world class coach must be added.
                              I also wish Mahmoudi would return to the team.

Comment

I just found out something very humiliating about today matches. USA played today with 3 Middle blockers ! I mean Daniel McDonnell who is a middle blocker today played as outside hitter and still they managed to beat Iran in 3 sets !!! when you have a MB as receiver you give a lot of easy points to your opponents and still we couldn't take advance of this !! I know we also used couple of bench players today but it's like someone use a field player as Goalkeeper and use the rest of the bench players and still win the match !

Comment

Working...
                                X