Ronaldo sent off in Champions League match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronaldo sent off in Champions League match

I can't find the footage, but he was just booted off the pitch. Can't help but think of the Iran game. What if he had been sent off and why wasn't that more obvious call not a red card?

Poor guy was in tears.. It was 110% not a red card.

Comment

That was definitely not a red card and I understand that he showed so much emotion and feel sorry for the guy.
      maa bachehaaye iroonim
      hamishe irooni mimoonim
      baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
      baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

Ronaldo was being an idiot but that red is pretty pathetic.

Comment

That was a red under the rule of VIOLENT CONDUCT!!!

What pisses me off is that he didn’t get a red for what he did against PAG. Man that World Cup was so freaking thrash arguably the worst ever. Referee was 100% backing Portugal in that match for him not red Ronaldo especially with VAR!

Comment

If he was Real Madrid player, he wouldve never gotten a Red!
            154 UCL games and takes 29 min of his Juve debut for a bogus Red.
            Lol same ref who gave Cuadrado a bogus Red in CL final

Comment

It turns out that the GOAT might actually be a goat: he's facing rape charges in Vegas and has been left off the Portuguese national team in the upcoming friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                It turns out that the GOAT might actually be a goat: he's facing rape charges in Vegas and has been left off the Portuguese national team in the upcoming friendlies.
                Being left off the national team has nothing to do with rape allegations (not charges), he was also left off in September.

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
                  Being left off the national team has nothing to do with rape allegations (not charges), he was also left off in September.
                  This. Probably just resting him. He's 34 now after all and has nothing to prove in friendlies. It only overloads him really.

Comment

I stand corrected: the GOAT/goat is not being charged, but a civil lawsuit has been filed against him.

"The civil lawsuit filed in state court in Las Vegas alleges Ronaldo raped Mayorga, who was then 24, in his penthouse suite at a Las Vegas hotel and hired a team of what the document called "fixers" to shape a monetary settlement, obstruct a police criminal investigation and trick Mayorga into taking $375,000 to keep quiet."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...162513394.html

The article further states that Ronaldo will not participate in the Oct or Nov friendlies, and that "the decision was taken after a three-way conversation between [Santos, Portuguese coach], Ronaldo and the head of the Portuguese football federation."

I think we can all agree that taking a 3 months hiatus from the national team (even if only from friendlies), without an obvious injury is pretty unusual.

Obviously, this civil lawsuit would have no criminal bearing, but could irreversibly stain his career and lead to loss of sponsorships if the case advances.

Comment

Working...
                    X