Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 World Wrestling Championships - Budapest (20th - 28th Oct.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 World Wrestling Championships - Budapest (20th - 28th Oct.)

2018 Wrestling World Championships start this Saturday, from 20th Oct 28th Oct.

Format changed (again) - each weight classes are now being competed within 2 days (instead of 1 day for each weight)!

Schedule (all times CET / Budapest):

20.10.2018 Saturday
    Men's Freestyle 61 – 74 – 86 – 125 kg
    10.30 – 15.30 Qualification rounds
    16.45 – 17.45 Semi finals

21.10.2018 Sunday
    Men's Freestyle 57 – 65 – 79 – 92 kg
    17.45 – 18.45 Semi finals
    Men's Freestyle 61 – 74 – 86 – 125 kg
    10.30 – 15.30 Repechage
    19.00 – 21.30 Finals

22.10.2018 Monday
    Men's Freestyle 70 – 97 kg and
    Women 55 – 59 kg
    Men's Freestyle 57 – 65 – 79 – 92 kg
    10.30 – 15.30 Repechage
    18.00 – 20.30 Finals

23.10.2018 Tuesday
    Women 65 – 68 – 72 -76 kg
    Men's Freestyle 70 – 97 kg
    Women 55 – 59 kg
    10.30 – 15.30 Repechage

24.10.2018 Wednesday
    Women 50 – 53 – 57- 62 kg
    Women 65 – 68 – 72 -76 kg
    10.30 – 15.30 Repechage
    18.00 – 20.30 Finals

25.10.2018 Thursday
    Men's Greco-Roman 55 – 63 – 72 – 82 kg
    Women 50 – 53 – 57 – 62 kg
    10.30 – 15.30 Repechage
    18.00 – 21.00 Finals

26.10.2018 Friday
    Men's Greco-Roman 60 – 67 – 87 kg
    17.00 – 17.45 Semi finals
    Men's Greco-Roman 55 – 63 – 72 – 82 kg
    10.30 – 15.30 Repechage
    18.00 – 21.00 Finals

27.10.2018 Saturday
    Men's Greco-Roman 77 – 97 – 130 kg
    17.00 – 17.45 Semi finals
    Men's Greco-Roman 60 – 67 – 87 kg
    10.30 – 15.30 Repechage
    18.00 – 20.30 Finals

28.10.2018 Sunday
    Men's Greco-Roman 77 – 97 – 130 kg
    13.30 – 15.15 Repechage
    15.30 – 18.00 Finals
    Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 10-17-2018, 11:18 PM.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Look forward to "Irannn's" great insight info as usual!

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Thanks for the thread.

Our teams specially free style are very young and inexperienced. I wouldn't expect a team medal in freestyle but we might have a shot in Greco.

My prediction:

freestyle

Yazdani - Gold
      Karimi, Hooseinkhani, Hadi - Chance for medal most likely bronze
      Rest - no medal

Greco-roman

I am not expecting gold to be honest. Medal chances in order of likelihood are:
      -H Nouri
      -M R Geraei
      -S Abdevali
      - M Mardani
      Last edited by _Navid_; 10-18-2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

^
        Thanks,
        I also have hopes for Karimi in Freestyle!

Irannn, what do you think?

Comment

unfortuantely I have to admit our team is "weak" in general. in both styles actually but you never know. here is what I think about the whole team

Freestyle

57, Atri
          he showed a bit of improvement at the Asian Games and we know most of the contenders in this weight are Asian. I give him a slim chance for medal. even last year he lost narrowly to both silver and bronze medalists. he needs a good draw and has to stop giving up easy points.

61, Yakhkeshi
          this guy is new but I secretly have hope for him. he really impressed me during the national trials but he lacks experience in international competition. I believe he has a chance for medal if he gets easy draw for 1st and 2nd rounds.

65, Maghsoudi
          he is 2018 World Junior Silver medalist. we obviously gave up on this weight so they preferred to try someone young and talented. this kid is just 18, of course no chance for medal this year.

70, Emami
          we had absolutely nobody in this weight so they made Younes Emami to move up weight just to fill the spot. he is not bad but I don't think he can medal. almost impossible even though the level is probably lower this is a non-Olympic weight

74, Hosseinkhani
          I'm done having hope for this guy. he has a loser mentality and this is a tough weight class with Burroughs, Chamizo, Demirtas and the rest. very very very slim chance for medal. almost impossible

79, Akbari
          this is a new weight. really hard to predict. Akbari was very good early in the year winning the Asian title but then he lost badly in the trials and got injured. still they picked him ! he has a chance for medal mostly because there are only few medal favorites here.

86, Yazdani
          no doubt he is the main candidate for the gold. but Americans have high hope for David Taylor to beat Hassan ! he beat and pinned Yazdani in 2017 World Cup in Kermanshah when Yazdani gassed badly. that was Yazdani's only defeat in this weight and when he was still very new to this weight and wasn't physically ready. but at least that win gave them confidence that Taylor can beat Yazdani again. I really don't think anybody else stands a chance against Yazdani, he only has to be careful for Taylor. I think he will win the gold without problem

92, Karimi
          his selection was very controversial. he lost twice to Javad Ebrahimi but still they picked him because he wrestles better against non-Iranian wrestlers. but he is under pressure now because of that. I believe he is our 2nd best chance for medal behind Yazdani. even gold medal is not impossible for him. there is nobody unbeatable for him here.

97, Goleij
          they had high hope for him but he was really disappointing this year. they had no other choice . they even tried to give a chance to Reza Yazdani but Yazdani didn't show up in the national camp. I believe Goleij has a slim chance for medal. he is one dimensional. he always pushes and pushes and tries to make his opponent tired. if he doesn't give up points early in the match he has a chance to tire his opponent and beat him in 2nd period.

125, Hadi
          there are two wrestlers in the world . Petriashvili and Akgul absolutely unbeatable for him but he has a chance against anybody else. he has a chance for medal if he doesn't end up in the same bracket with both of them.

-------------

personally I predict a gold medal for Yazdani plus 1 or 2 more medal in other weights. that was my realistic prediction but of course I hope for a much better result.

Comment

Greco

55, Naderi-Khadem
            this is a very new weight. and I'm sure we will have a very low number of wrestlers here. Naderi is not young. but he is good in throwing. he can beat anybody if he gets lucky. I think he has a very slim chance for medal. even gold medal.

60, Mardani
            he is one of my favorite Greco wrestlers. always aggressive. he won bronze in Jakarta beating couple of world class wrestlers. he was very close to win a medal last year . I think he has a chance but this is tough weight and he needs a bit of luck with the draw

63, Hajipour
            Hajipour usually sucks when it matters, so I have no hope for him but still this is a non-Olympic weight and the level is lower. he needs a good draw to stands a chance.

67, Reza Geraei
            he is young and talented but also gives up easy points. I don't think he can win a medal. still unexperienced for that

72, Ali Geraei
            he won the gold at the Asian Games at 77kg but since he lost the trials at 77 to Poshtam. they made him cut weight for this. if he is physically ready he has a very good chance for medal but that's a big if. with current weight-in rules you can't cut much. I think it's all up to him and how he will make the weight.

77, Poshtam
            he is a tough guy. he beat Geraei handilly in the trials but I don't think he stands a chance here. of course not completely without a chance but he needs luck. he is not into throwing techniques . just pushing and pushing and waiting for cautions doesn't work against some wrestlers.

82, Abdevali
            he didn't train with the team. just came out of nowhere . beat Ghaderian and made the team. I'm sure if he is ready he can win the gold. these rules are perfect for him. but we dont know about his current condition. he didn't participate in any international tournaments this year. but even if he is not ready he still has a good chance for medal.

87, Nouri
            probably our best chance for the gold in Olympic weights. unfortunately he is weak in par-terre position. so he can only count on his stamina and his pushing ability ! the thing is if he gives up a 4 pts throw by accident it will be almost impossible for him to come back. that's my only concern about him.

97, Aliyari
            we had our biggest hope in this weight in Salehizadeh but unfortunately he is now banned for doping. they called up Aliyari from retirement because we were very weak in this weight and Aliyari was even good in a tournament in Georgia. he can score on anybody if he gets the chance to be in top. but since he didn't train much this year I don't think he stands a good chance for medal .

130, Ghourehjili
            I highly doubt he can medal but he is probably the best we have here right now. but in this weight (since they can't score much) most matches decided by the refs. and you know we usually don't get favorable calls.

---------------
            in general I hope for 3 or maybe 4 medals maximum. gold medal will be hard to achieve.

btw we had great great results in World Junior Championships in past 2 years but it will take 2-3 more years for those juniors to make it to the senior team. I believe the future will be much better in Greco.

Comment

First day draws are available. unblievably bad draw for our wrestlers. I think Hosseinkhani and Hadi are already out before the competition. Yazdani got the worst possible draw in the first round. even Yakhkeshi has a tough draw.

Yakhkeshi starts with a tough Uzbek wrestler which is winnable but he will face Bowne of Cuba in QF. this Cuban wrestler is very good, 5th place at the olympics and former world medalist. there are 2-3 more good wrestlers in his half of the draw but Bowne is the favorite here. I think at least bronze is possible for him but he has to be careful specially for his first match.

Hosseinkhani has Burroughs in 2nd round and even if Burroughs makes it to the final which is not a sure thing. Hosseinkhani had to deal with the Russian wrestler and Frank Chamizo !! 3 out of 4 main favorites are in his side of the draw. his chance is as good as Iran winning the next FIFA World Cup. but let's see what he can do against Burroughs.

I was worry about only one wrestler and Hassan Yazdani got him in the first round ! David Taylor. first match in the morning is always tricky . to make things worse Cuban wrestler and Russian guy are also in his side. so if he loses to Taylor by any chance. there is more than 50 percent chance for him to get eliminated. even though I believe he will beat all of them but this is a very tough draw.

what about Hadi ?! almost all favorites are in his half of the draw. specially Petriashvili and Akgul ! he got both of them. and for winning a medal he has to beat at least one of them which is impossible IMO. he has to two beat at least 2 former World medalist to even make it to the bronze medal match !!! the draw couldn't be worse for him !

bottom line. Hosseinkhani and Hadi need more than miracle to win a medal here. Yakhkeshi has a chance even though slim. and Yazdani got the worst possible draw but he is the top favorites here.

Comment

Seriously... Thank you so much for posting this. It's very hard for me to find quality info and this makes it soooo easy. Damet garm.
                "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by AliDaeiClone View Post
                  Seriously... Thank you so much for posting this. It's very hard for me to find quality info and this makes it soooo easy. Damet garm.
                  If you ever want quality info on wrestling, this is the place to go:
                  http://board.themat.com/index.php?/f...nal-wrestling/
                  This is the most in depth wrestling forum you can ever find.

Comment

Thanks for Info. What time is yazdani match tomorrow against Taylor, in US PST time?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      Thanks for Info. What time is yazdani match tomorrow against Taylor, in US PST time?
                      I would be awake as of 4:30 a.m. eastern time which is 1:30 pst.

Comment

Yazdani-Taylor match will be the 2nd match on Mat C which means only 5-10 minutes after the start of the competition. I was waiting for this match for a long long time.

Comment

Horrible draws seriously.

Comment

WTF was that Hasan

Comment

Yazdani gassed after 2 minutes ! too easy for Taylor. stupid tactic to push at max from the start. we know the first match is always hard since he had the weight-in 2 hours before this. he lost more or less with the same scenario to this guy in Kermanshah World Cup.

so we most probably finish the freestyle competition without a gold medal and the Americans will talk about this forever. I feel really terrible right now

Comment

Working...
                              X