2018 World weightlifting champs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 World weightlifting champs!

Sohrab moradi just snatched 205kg with ease in training! What a beast.
    unfortunalely things dont looks as good in other weights. rostami is out and alihosseini injured and behdad retired

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
    Sohrab moradi just snatched 205kg with ease in training! What a beast.
    unfortunalely things dont looks as good in other weights. rostami is out and alihosseini injured and behdad retired
    This one is a good thing actually. I don't want him in the national team as long as he is selfish, stupid and stubborn.

we are sending a weak team actually. most of them are young. this is the first competition with new weight classes, we have 2 gold medal chances. Sohrab Moradi of course and Ali Hashemi at 102kg (where the level is low because this is a non-Olympic weight) I think a third medal is also possible for Reza Beiralvand. beside him I don't think there is a chance for anybody else. the levei s much much higher this year. last year so many countries were missing because of doping ban, visa issues etc.

Comment

IWF really messed up with these new weight classes...

Comment

when is sohrab going on, what weight is he on?

Comment

^ right now. 96 Kgs Category:

Snatch finished.
          Moradi won Gold in snatch with WR 186 kgs (his personal best was 189 kgs in previous category 94kgs category.)

Clean and Jerk is up now!

PS:Amir Hoghoughi did well too in his first competition, manged 2 out of 3 attempts.
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

^

Moradi won Gold in C&J and Total too. 3 Gold!

Hoghoughi did again 2 out of 3 attempts, not bad in his first competition!

By the way Tian Tao’s second C&J that put him for silver was illegal and very VERY obvious, that even the American comentators wondered, but jury remained silent, if it was Salimi they would have called him out!

anyway Congratz to Moradi!

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

that Chinese guy really gave us a scare, he is very new to this weight and he will improve next year, in past 3 years this was the first time someone really challenging Moradi. but I'm sure Moradi can lift more. specially in snatch.

Comment

Moradi never disappoints. Pride of Iran and all Esfahanies. What a beast.

And lol at Tian Tao thinking he can compete with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                  that Chinese guy really gave us a scare, he is very new to this weight and he will improve next year, in past 3 years this was the first time someone really challenging Moradi. but I'm sure Moradi can lift more. specially in snatch.
                  well he snatched 205kg one week ago. Sohrab always have a huge gap training/competition. anyway shire!

Comment

Comment

Ali Hashemi won the gold in 102kg, Beiralvand finished 3rd with the bronze medal.

we have two more athletes left but I think no more medal is possible. I was only expecting medal from Moradi, Hashemi and Beiralvand.

Comment

^

They both did very well.
                        Hashemi got SILVER in snatch and BRONZE in C&J.
                        Beiralvand got GOLD in C&J.
                        In TOTAL Hashemi GOLD Beiralvand BRONZE.

But what I liked most was how close they were to GOLD in each category. Hashemi lifted 179 kgs just 1 kgs below GOLD winner in snatch.
                        and in C&J same story, just 1 kilo below GOLD too.
                        Beiralvand in total was at the same weight as SILVER!

Snatch:
                        GOLD Djuarev 180 kgs.
                        SILVER Hashemi 179 kgs.
                        BRONZE Chumak 176 kgs.

C&J:
                        GOLD Beiralvand 218 kgs.
                        SILVER Chumak 217 kgs.
                        BRONZE Hashemi 217 kgs.

TOTAL:
                        GOLD Hashemi 396 kgs.
                        SILVER Chumak 393 kgs.
                        BRONZE Beiralvand 393 kgs.

Congratz both Hashemi and Beiralvand!

Comment

Beiralvand looked great. His bodyweight was only 98kg while everyone else was 102. I think he could be a factor in the 96 category at the Olympics. But we may send Moradi and Rostami so he may now have the chance

Comment

Moradi is undoubtedly going to the Olympics unless god forbid injury/doping happens.
                            The big question is who will be the 2nd person going?! It must be someone who can come back with gold medal.

Comment

It seems the jury is in favor of Chinese.
                              2 days ago Tian Hao’s silver lift was very very obviously No Lift, but they gave it to him.
                              And today in 109kgs Yang Zhe was about to lose Gold in snatch to Armenia, where the Armenian did a good lift but they turned it down, so Yang Zhe gets his Gold!

The American comentators, as it was 2 days ago, where surprised and called them wrong calls!

Comment

Working...
                              X