2018 World weightlifting champs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
    This one is a good thing actually. I don't want him in the national team as long as he is selfish, stupid and stubborn.

we are sending a weak team actually. most of them are young. this is the first competition with new weight classes, we have 2 gold medal chances. Sohrab Moradi of course and Ali Hashemi at 102kg (where the level is low because this is a non-Olympic weight) I think a third medal is also possible for Reza Beiralvand. beside him I don't think there is a chance for anybody else. the levei s much much higher this year. last year so many countries were missing because of doping ban, visa issues etc.
    I'm sorry but I seem to be out of the loop on this, may I know what has Rostami done to be considered selfish, stupid and stubborn?

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
      Beiralvand looked great. His bodyweight was only 98kg while everyone else was 102. I think he could be a factor in the 96 category at the Olympics. But we may send Moradi and Rostami so he may now have the chance
      actually his normal body weight is 96kg. they sent him to 102kg only because they found out the level will be weaker there and he will have a chance for medal. which worked well for him. because of some stupid administrative mistake from our stupid federation they had only limited list of athletes to send a team from them and 3 of them were at this 96kg. another reason to send Beiralvand one weight up

but per new rules we can't qualify more than 2 weightlifters for Tokyo and they can't be in the same weight. so Moradi (if healthy) will be our only weightlifter in 96kg

Comment

Originally posted by k0urosh View Post
        I'm sorry but I seem to be out of the loop on this, may I know what has Rostami done to be considered selfish, stupid and stubborn?
        he took a medal from Iran both in last year World Championship and this year Asian Games because he wanted to work alone without coaches and decided to start unnecessarily with very high weights in CJ and missed them all.

back in AG, he actually tried to play mind games with Moradi, playing with his opening weights just to force Moradi making a mistake in choosing weights. that was disgusting to try like this for your "teammate"

there are other reasons as well. but I'm a bit lazy to explain

Comment

actually his normal body weight is 96kg. they sent him to 102kg only because they found out the level will be weaker there and he will have a chance for medal. which worked well for him. because of some stupid administrative mistake from our stupid federation they had only limited list of athletes to send a team from them and 3 of them were at this 96kg. another reason to send Beiralvand one weight up

but per new rules we can't qualify more than 2 weightlifters for Tokyo and they can't be in the same weight. so Moradi (if healthy) will be our only weightlifter in 96kg
          So we probably send Moradi and Alihosseini only?

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
            So we probably send Moradi and Alihosseini only?
            Yes That's my guess. unless one of those guys get injured or someone improves massively in next couple of years which is not impossible in this sport. 2 years before the 2016 Olympics. Moradi was banned for doping and completely forgotten. 2 years is a long time

BUT the qualification system is very complicated this time. I really hope our federation knows the rules (which I doubt) Alihosseini is already in danger for missing this competition. he has to compete in an official international tournament in next 5 months and get a very good result to keep his qualification alive.

Comment

he took a medal from Iran both in last year World Championship and this year Asian Games because he wanted to work alone without coaches and decided to start unnecessarily with very high weights in CJ and missed them all.

back in AG, he actually tried to play mind games with Moradi, playing with his opening weights just to force Moradi making a mistake in choosing weights. that was disgusting to try like this for your "teammate"

there are other reasons as well. but I'm a bit lazy to explain
              I see, damn, always thought of him as a cool guy. Thank you for your response

Comment

Ali Davoudi has a great future ahead, still 19 years old and Junior!
                7th in snatch, got 3 out of 3 attempts with ease and gained the Junior Word Record.
                In C&J 1 out of 3 attempts, after marking a total, they wanted to go for big prize and it was just too heavy and too early for him!
                He has a bright future!
                CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

I think it was a good tournament for Iran. I wasn't expecting more than 3 medals. we had more "successful lifts" this time . beside Moradi, I was more impressed by Beiralvand and Davoudi. they can have a great future. Davoudi was good today. even 242 was possible for him.

Behdad Salimi's record in Jakarta was 261. Alihosseini also finished 2nd with 256. those records here could give them silver and bronze. what a pity we didn't have any of them.

and in another news I forgot to write about it before. Saeid Mohammadpour received his gold medal from 2012 Olympics here in Ashgabat. he is officially an Olympic champion now. he originally finished 5th but top 4 later failed the drug test in "re-testing"

Comment

Working...
                  X