No announcement yet.

Toronto Raptors We The North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Warriors made 5 straight NBA finals and landed 3. Remarkable run, not to diminish anything from the Raptors winning it all.

The Lakers where the last team to win 3 NBA championships in a row. The three-peat NBA fraternity is very exclusive indeed:

1952–1954 Minneapolis Lakers
    1959–1966 Boston Celtics (8)
    1991–1993 Chicago Bulls
    1996–1998 Chicago Bulls
    2000–2002 Los Angeles Lakers
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Congratulations to Toronto. However It would have been a completely different outcome had they faced a healthy Warriors team. Continuous and endless injuries really did them in this year.

Comment

Kawhi to the clippers

Toronto wont win another championship for god knows how long. Maybe 20 or 30 years but the fact that we won 1 was kife changing for evryine here. Its extremely hard for toronto to attract free agents. Our managers need to realize that drafting is the only way of keeping high end talent here in toronto
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...to-raptor.html
          sigpic

Comment

NBA is stupid. The big cities will always attract the best talent. A team like Toronto winning won’t happen again for decades. At least he didn’t go to the lakers.

Comment

Unpopular opinion: Westbrook is the best player in the game last 4yrs

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                He's the Neymar of soccer.. Flashy and fills the stat sheet but doesn't know how to win.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                  He needs the ball too much. It really slows down games.
                  You're better off moving the ball fast and getting your guys more chances at good shots.

He reminds me of Carmelo in a way.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                    He needs the ball too much. It really slows down games.
                    You're better off moving the ball fast and getting your guys more chances at good shots.

He reminds me of Carmelo in a way.
                    or Iverson..

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                    به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

With Leonard gone, what is the outlook for the Raptors in the coming season?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                        With Leonard gone, what is the outlook for the Raptors in the coming season?
                        4th or 5th seed in the East.

Basically most think the Clippers will win it all.
                        GSW might have a chance if Klay Thompson can get back in time for the playoffs.

A lot of hype for the Lakers, but they'll apart. Very weak team.

In the East, most experts seem to think the Bucks will get to the finals.

NBA sucks now... players have too much power and they all want to go to LA or NY area.

Comment

NBA sucks now... players have too much power and they all want to go to LA or NY area.
                          Just curious - how closely do you follow the NBA? This is the first time in decades there's 6-7 teams who realistically have a shot at winning it all. And also until this past year LA and NY hasn't had a decent team in a while (the clips have always been consistent but haven't been a title contender since CP3 left).
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            Just curious - how closely do you follow the NBA? This is the first time in decades there's 6-7 teams who realistically have a shot at winning it all. And also until this past year LA and NY hasn't had a decent team in a while (the clips have always been consistent but haven't been a title contender since CP3 left).
                            Honestly, this is the first season I am really following it again after almost 18 years of not following closely.

Agree, that there is some parity this year, but overall too much power for the big city teams.
                            The way the league is structured, it seems there is no incentive to even have good rookies, because if you're out of the big markets, they'll just force a trade.

Comment

Honestly, this is the first season I am really following it again after almost 18 years of not following closely.

Agree, that there is some parity this year, but overall too much power for the big city teams.
                              The way the league is structured, it seems there is no incentive to even have good rookies, because if you're out of the big markets, they'll just force a trade.
                              I agree there is a shift in culture with players having more power than they used to but there are many small market teams that were thriving and are still a destination players have wanted to go to San Antonio, OKC, and Houston all being prime examples.

More often than not, players are leaving small market teams after giving them a shot at showing their competence as an organization and being able to build a decent team over the course of a few years (AD in NOLA, Boogie cousins in Sacramento, PG on the pacers, etc.) - guys like that don't want to go their whole careers without having s real shot at winning when there's all these super teams that are being formed (and I am someone who hates super teams but at the end of the day, I can't be mad be I understand their competitors and want to win) they won't have their chance if their organization can't either consistently draft well and build a team and/or bring in top free agents.

There is so much money in the NBA these days a team like the grizzlies could give a point gourd who has never made an all star team like mike Conley JR a 150 million dollar deal. That move was suicidal and set the team back years, there are many other cases to point to but I think the point isn't clear
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

The Clippers and Leonard have started the 2019-2020 season strong, beating the Lakers and Warriors in their first two matches. There are several trophy contenders this year as strong players have been spread out into different franchises. Who is following the new NBA season? (Day 1 was October 22)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X