Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Gold Cup Thread | news, pics, streams, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I swear Jozy Altidore is a Carbon Copy of Mehdi Taremi! (They are so similar in play style, shooting, hold-up play, etc...)

Also Pulisic has looked head and shoulder above this whole team. Will he be a starter for Chelsea???

The defense is pretty good too, esp Miazga and Ream.

Comment

Mexico up 1-0. Most of the 2nd half has been khers vasat.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Very well deserved win by Mexico.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Mexico are the champions.

Comment

Berhalter Out! Should have never sacked Klinsmann!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              I swear Jozy Altidore is a Carbon Copy of Mehdi Taremi! (They are so similar in play style, shooting, hold-up play, etc...)
              Also Pulisic has looked head and shoulder above this whole team. Will he be a starter for Chelsea???
              The defense is pretty good too, esp Miazga and Ream.
              please dont even compare that garbage player to taremi. ITs just disrespectful. The US are just a pathetic team. How they still start the likes of Bradley and Altidore is really unbelievable. Pulisic is the only bright spark of this team, and mckinnie. the quicker they just start guys like Weah and other young guys the better. Some of the guys on display today were just atrocious. They made a mexico B/C team look good.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                please dont even compare that garbage player to taremi. ITs just disrespectful. The US are just a pathetic team. How they still start the likes of Bradley and Altidore is really unbelievable. Pulisic is the only bright spark of this team, and mckinnie. the quicker they just start guys like Weah and other young guys the better. Some of the guys on display today were just atrocious. They made a mexico B/C team look good.
                Both teams are still experimenting under recently hired coaches. I doubt either one have settled on a A, B or C lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  Both teams are still experimenting under recently hired coaches. I doubt either one have settled on a A, B or C lineup.
                  Mexico were missing : Lozano (PSV), Hector Herrera (Atletico Madrid), Diego Lainez (Real Betis), Corona (Porto), Chicharito (West Ham), Carlos Vela , and giovani dos santos.
                  These are pretty much their best players and most of them are sure fire starters when fit and present.

To say that the lineup we saw in gold cup is their primary team would be far from the truth.

USA meanwhile may have some talented players from u20 team that could have started today, but what is concerning is that for the most part it seems that berhalter picked this squad and xi as his strongest... Martino was handicapped by the players I mentioned agreeing with him that they need extra time off.

Not really comparable situations.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    Mexico were missing : Lozano (PSV), Hector Herrera (Atletico Madrid), Diego Lainez (Real Betis), Corona (Porto), Chicharito (West Ham), Carlos Vela , and giovani dos santos.
                    These are pretty much their best players and most of them are sure fire starters when fit and present.
                    To say that the lineup we saw in gold cup is their primary team would be far from the truth.
                    USA meanwhile may have some talented players from u20 team that could have started today, but what is concerning is that for the most part it seems that berhalter picked this squad and xi as his strongest... Martino was handicapped by the players I mentioned agreeing with him that they need extra time off.
                    Not really comparable situations.
                    Very comparable situations. Both teams experimented with younger players to replace aging ones. Both teams had half of their squad with players with over 20 caps and the rest just a handful of caps (and in the US case 2 players uncapped).
                    No one is claiming the sides fielded (or attempted to field) their strongest lineup but as I said very comparable situations.

Comment

This tournament is so predictable. Only Canada (2000) has broken the Mexico/USA duopoly. Most boring continental championship.

Comment

Working...
                      X