X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Komeil Ghasemi 2012 Olympic games gold medalist

Great news! So happy for him.
    https://unitedworldwrestling.org/art...london-re-test

London 2012 is now our most successful Olympics ever!
    And our first Olympic Medal in super heavy weight.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
      London 2012 is now our most successful Olympics ever!
      And our first Olympic Medal in super heavy weight.
      our first Olympic "gold" medal in super heavy weight but ironically if we had re-testing for 2004 Alireza Rezaei could also be a gold medalist, he also lost to the same guy in the Olympic final. unfortunately for Rezaei, they only start re-testing since 2008 Olympics. Abbas Jadidi also could have another medal for himself. he finished 4th in Sydney 2000 while this guy Taymazov won the silver.

right now we have 6 gold, 6 silver and 1 bronze and we know 99% we will get our 7th gold medal when they finish the process for Navab Nassirshalal in weightlifting !

so our final medal tally is most probably 7-5-1 ! which will put Iran in 12th position in the ranking (of course changes are still possible for other countries for the same reason) with one more gold we would be in top 10 !! only if Reza Yazdani didn't get hurt in his semifinal or they didn't rob Saeid Abdevali of his gold. or Ehsan Haddadi was careful with his possible gold medal throw (his toe slightly touched outside of the circle which is a foul) or Ehsan Lashgari was a bit careful in his semifinal which he was winning.

Comment

Originally posted by mardonius View Post
        when I saw the thread I was about to write "no, we have to wait this is not official" but your post positively surprised me . great news indeed

of course Komeil still has to wait few months to have that medal around his neck but this is official now

Comment

This is fantastic news indeed. But I am just wondering what is the logic behind giving the bronze medalist the gold and not giving it to the silver medalist?!

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
            This is fantastic news indeed. But I am just wondering what is the logic behind giving the bronze medalist the gold and not giving it to the silver medalist?!
            because he lost to the gold medalist (Taymazov) and the other guy lost to the silver medalist. and yes I agree it doesn't make sense. they should give it to both of them but this is Russia's problem now, not ours. I would take it to CAS if I was Makhov.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
              because he lost to the gold medalist (Taymazov) and the other guy lost to the silver medalist. and yes I agree it doesn't make sense. they should give it to both of them but this is Russia's problem now, not ours. I would take it to CAS if I was Makhov.
              What I meant was why the person who lost in the final and won silver wasn't awarded the gold medal. After a quick research now I can see he was also caught with doping.

Comment

He was finally awarded the gold medal (today or tomorrow).

Comment

We finished 12th that Olympics. Remarkable considering the number of athletes we send compared to other countries.

Comment

Comment

Unable to find the source for this quote, but he said in an interview:

"If I had won the Gold that time, it had much difference to my life"

...justice (reward) delayed is justice (reward) denied.

Comment

Working...
                      X