Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rostami got robbed at 2019 Weightlifting Championship

Watch from min 39 onwards.
    They did it intentionally to ruin his warm up and concentration! So obvious.
    No one can lift with a cold body that heavy. They mess up the weights in the last second to call him off and on and off!

Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 09-24-2019, 11:52 PM.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

It is his own fault too man. They only raised the bar by 1kg.
    He is too arrogant. Why on earth should he start with 180kg that is his personal best at training. Start with a lower weight like all other competitors and once your name is in the table attack the higher ones and go for the gold. He made the exact same mistake in 2017 world champs and 2018 Asian games but he never learns.
    After yesterday he has ruined his chances of being at the Olympics and lost us valuable points for the team championship.

Comment

^
      It can be argued that he may have chosen a wrong strategy but we don't know how it would have played out if they wouldn't have created that disaster. With first mixing up 179 kgs and 180 kgs on board, then stopping him just before he was about to lift and then let him go up and stop again, his body was cold already and concentration gone. No one can lift like that!

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

I agree. I was really looking forward to see him lift after a while. Really upset with what happened.

Comment

that was no way a robbery. just a mistake. he lowered his weight from 182 to 179 very late (someone else was lifting 179 on the platform) and they shouldn't accept it. when someone noticed that. they stopped the competition and made it 180kg for him since 179 was impossible.

yes that was a mistake. they shouldn't accept his change. but it happens sometimes. that wasn't intentional. he had to focus on his own task. it happens when you don't have a real coach next to yourself. his brother messed it up and that was his own choice to work only with his own brother.

Comment

^
            I am not so sure when it comes to Iranians and International Weightlifting Federation!
            I believe there was some kind of intention involved. (my opinion here)

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
              ^
              I am not so sure when it comes to Iranians and International Weightlifting Federation!
              I believe there was some kind of intention involved. (my opinion here)
              IWF is corrupt no doubt

but the same IWF accepted our video challenge two days ago which gave the silver medal to Ali Miri. the original call was "no lift" but after our protest they reviewed it as made it a "good lift"

right now they are in good mood with our WL federation. but of course when they want to make problems, they know how to do it. this time it was just a mistake and that was just one attempt. Rostami ruined his next two attempts himself. he should focused on himself not the organizers. but as I said when there is no coach with you things like that happen.

Comment

This is what happens when two unorganised parties work together.

Comment

Shit but i dont get it man , mistakes over mistakes

Comment

The weightlifting team has done fantastically this year.
                    We got a gold in C&J and a bronze in total today by Reza Dehdar whose name I hadn't even heard before.
                    Too bad Rostami was the exception.

Comment

I don’t accept the Rostami getting robbed anymore because of how many times he has screwed himself over. There is always the chance of an irregularity coming up during a competition, athletes need to get that out of their mind and move on. This reminded me of how I was seething after the first time Abdevali in GR wrestling got robbed but then seeing him over and over I realized he had more of an attitude issue and he creates these problems and situations for himself. Same with Rostami. IMHO anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                        IWF is corrupt no doubt
                        but the same IWF accepted our video challenge two days ago which gave the silver medal to Ali Miri. the original call was "no lift" but after our protest they reviewed it as made it a "good lift"
                        right now they are in good mood with our WL federation. but of course when they want to make problems, they know how to do it. this time it was just a mistake and that was just one attempt. Rostami ruined his next two attempts himself. he should focused on himself not the organizers. but as I said when there is no coach with you things like that happen.
                        I am not denying that Rostami makes mistakes and quite stubbornly so.
                        Going solo without a coach, stupidly changing his weight from 85kgs, where he was king of that weight and challenging Moradi now etc etc... All I am saying is, yes he did mistakes but also I believe the IWF officials happily played a role here not letting another Iranian grab Gold. Again this is my opinion here. I really don’t trust IWF.
                        But you are right in your assessment of Rostami’s arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by t8310 View Post
                          I don’t accept the Rostami getting robbed anymore because of how many times he has screwed himself over. There is always the chance of an irregularity coming up during a competition, athletes need to get that out of their mind and move on. This reminded me of how I was seething after the first time Abdevali in GR wrestling got robbed but then seeing him over and over I realized he had more of an attitude issue and he creates these problems and situations for himself. Same with Rostami. IMHO anyways.
                          👏👏 true @ abdevali

Comment

The coaches made the change to 179 too late. Also, Rostami said he came prepared to lift 195. If that’s true, 180 should have been no problem, even with a minute or two of extra waiting around. Between his antics and Salimi a year ago, it is a bit embarrassing. As someone else said, the jury helped Ali Miri in the 89 class. The victim mentality is classic Iranian mindset

Comment

I just checked his record, he bever lifted 180 kg yet officialy !?

Comment

Working...
                              X