No announcement yet.

Rostami got robbed at 2019 Weightlifting Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it almost happened to Reza Dehdar too in 102kgs category for his last lift. Again the morons of the jury let him go on stage, only to call him off again, and let him go again but after the Korean!!???!! But thank God Dehdar grabbed the Gold.
    These mistakes twice in a row by the Jury are unacceptable!!! It destroys the lifters concentration and also cools down the body temperature before a lift! Its not training session, its not easy at world stage with these heavy lifts! And why are they happening to Iranian lifters?
    I don't trust IWF.

Dameh Dehdar garm to grab Gold in C&J and Bronze in total

Go to 1:27:30

Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 09-26-2019, 01:39 AM.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Former Gold Medal Winner Ali Hashemi became 7th today, tommorow we have 1-2 iranians in the last category but no favorites.
      Maybe the worst year for iranian weightlifters, Sohrab Moradi is in Germany for treatment and didnt compete

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
        Well, it almost happened to Reza Dehdar too in 102kgs category for his last lift. Again the morons of the jury let him go on stage, only to call him off again, and let him go again but after the Korean!!???!! But thank God Dehdar grabbed the Gold.
        These mistakes twice in a row by the Jury are unacceptable!!! It destroys the lifters concentration and also cools down the body temperature before a lift! Its not training session, its not easy at world stage with these heavy lifts! And why are they happening to Iranian lifters?
        I don't trust IWF.

Dameh Dehdar garm to grab Gold in C&J and Bronze in total

Go to 1:27:30

What a showman! The "silence" finger at the end and the backflip...love it! Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
          Former Gold Medal Winner Ali Hashemi became 7th today, tommorow we have 1-2 iranians in the last category but no favorites.
          Maybe the worst year for iranian weightlifters, Sohrab Moradi is in Germany for treatment and didnt compete
          I had seen worse years than this. it was an OK competition. we knew our team isn't that great this year. still we won several medals but all of them in Non-Olympic events.

Ali Davoudi is probably the best talent in this team. I hope he medals tomorrow. gold is impossible because of Talakhadze but without those Armenian weightlifters in Tokyo. Davoudi will be the huge favorite for the silver medal.

PS: Armenia most probably can send only 1 male weightlifter to Tokyo and they wll use that quota for their 109kg world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
            The weightlifting team has done fantastically this year.
            We got a gold in C&J and a bronze in total today by Reza Dehdar whose name I hadn't even heard before.
            Too bad Rostami was the exception.
            I think we have been terrible this year. No real gold contenders to look forward too. Kinda puts into perspective how sound Moradi was. In a very competitive 96 class, he was still a cut above.

It’s a shame we don’t have a super anymore that can come close to lasha too. I’m hopeful of Davoudi but he’s still some 50kg off in total from lasha. He’s young and he’ll get better but so far I don’t see us getting any golds in weightlifting at the Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
              I think we have been terrible this year. No real gold contenders to look forward too. Kinda puts into perspective how sound Moradi was. In a very competitive 96 class, he was still a cut above.

It’s a shame we don’t have a super anymore that can come close to lasha too. I’m hopeful of Davoudi but he’s still some 50kg off in total from lasha. He’s young and he’ll get better but so far I don’t see us getting any golds in weightlifting at the Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Given two of our best lifters were absent we did pretty well I think with a relatively young team. We got a medal in super light weight C&J after decades. Except Rostami everyone else did well up to their potential and we had 2 relatively unknown guys Miri and Dehdar getting medals which was great.

Comment

A georgian guy broke Rezazadeh record

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                  Given two of our best lifters were absent we did pretty well I think with a relatively young team. We got a medal in super light weight C&J after decades. Except Rostami everyone else did well up to their potential and we had 2 relatively unknown guys Miri and Dehdar getting medals which was great.
                  I think it's fair to say only one was absent. Saeid Alihosseini is not coming back as far as I know

and I have to say Ali Davoudi was disastrous today. his potential was a bronze medal .
                  Ali Hashemi also could do better. didn't expect him to medal but he could lift much more.

Comment

Sounds like Rostami and Alihosseini are out of medal contention at the Olympics. This is too bad. I think Alihosseini has a much better chance of a medal than Davoudi in the supers https://www.weightliftinghouse.com/2...ic-contention/

Comment

Working...
                    X