• Show
Clear All

IAAF Athletics world championship 2019 - Doha

Unfortunately, only 3 athletes will represent Iran :

Hassan Taftian - 100m
    Mahdi Pirjahan - 400m hurdles
    Ehsan Hadadi - Discus throw

https://iaafworldathleticschamps.com...y-22092019.pdf

this is a shame we qualified only 3. but this is the current level of our athletics. these 3 are all we have right now. (I think Amir Moradi could also qualify but I don't know where is him right now, probably not training hard! )

good luck to all those 3. Pirjahan and Taftian will participate tonight. Discus throw for Haddadi will be held tomorrow. these are all qualification rounds.

Comment

Taftian out in the first round !!!

only 10.24 which was enough for 5th place in the heat. also not good enough to qualify as a lucky loser. very disappointing.

although this looks like a "slow track" most athletes are way behind their own records.

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
        Taftian out in the first round !!!

only 10.24 which was enough for 5th place in the heat. also not good enough to qualify as a lucky loser. very disappointing.

although this looks like a "slow track" most athletes are way behind their own records.
        Track does look slow, one of the other runners was interviewed saying it’s not helping that it’s cooler and air conditioned inside as they are coming in from warmer temperatures and this obviously affects their muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
          Track does look slow, one of the other runners was interviewed saying it’s not helping that it’s cooler and air conditioned inside as they are coming in from warmer temperatures and this obviously affects their muscles.
          thanks, yeah that's now very obvious after some more events. that's really disappointing for the whole championship.

Pirjahan also out in the first round, 1 second behind his own record. he is young and very talented. I hope he reaches the Olympic qualification mark.

Comment

He wasn’t helped by his Lane Draw and also didn’t run his own race, he went out hard after the Jamaican in Lane 8 and so lost his form in the home straight.

Comment

I am yet to see a Qatari athlete today at these Championships who isn’t a naturalised citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                He wasn’t helped by his Lane Draw and also didn’t run his own race, he went out hard after the Jamaican in Lane 8 and so lost his form in the home straight.
                exactly. I was thinking myself he is going with the same pace as the Jamaican. is this good or bad ? turned out to be a bad thing. he gassed at the end.

and this is unbelievable. now the other heats being completed, he missed the qualification very narrowly. he is the best non-qualified athlete ! it seems he was in the toughest heat. I think he lost hope and didn't try in last few meters. I wonder how he feels now missing the qualification because of only 0.12 I think he could make that time if he was trying 100% at the end.

Comment

That is so unlucky , I don’t know if he could have made that extra time up though . Could see the lactic acid in his legs

Comment

Our last athlete Ehsan Haddadi made it to the final. with an OK record 64.84. he was 5th in the qualifier .

nobody can touch Stahl. his gold medal is already guaranteed. I see 6-7 athletes trying for silver and bronze. Haddadi is one of them. even though Dacres and Gudzius are favorites for those 2 medals.

Ehsan's final will be on Monday.

Comment

Apparently we could have a guy in marathon but IAAF didn't select him despite his good performance

Comment

Honestly that's shameful we have only 3 athletes participating (and only 1 after the first day).

Comment

End of the competition for Iran

Ehsan Haddadi finished 7th in the final, with 65.16m . something like 1.5m behind the bronze medal.

I think another Olympic medal is not impossible for him, but he has to perform his best in the competition day. today's performance was just OK. he still can dominate Asia for another 7 years I think. (he was the only Asian competitor in this event) but if wants a world medal he needs 66-67m throws at least.

Comment

He is ranked 5th in the World so I think he will be disappointed, was a tight final as well so a medal was within his reach.

Comment

He could have won a gold with 68m. Hope he does better in Tokyo.

Comment

Working...
                              X