Iranian(Welsh) player at Rugby World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranian(Welsh) player at Rugby World Cup

I was reading through BBC Sport and came across this article on a player for Wales in rugby called Josh Navidi, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/49958283 . So did some research and supposedly his dad is Iranian and his mom Welsh.
    Made me think has there ever been any other Iranians who have played Rugby for other countries.

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Made me think has there ever been any other Iranians who have played Rugby for other countries.
    Aadel Kardooni played for England "A" (it's England's B-team).

Comment

By the way, Navidi has started all three games (Georgia, Australia and Fiji) so far.

Comment

damesh garm, he looks Irooni

Navidi for TM

Comment

Iran should really invest in Rugby.
          It suits our people.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            It suits our people.
            No, it is a waste of time and money. Contrary to let's say football, Rugby is a sport that doesn't allow a country to come from nowhere and become a top team.
            Georgia that made good progress isn't able to participate to six nations tournaments, so they will never progress. Except Argentina, I didn't notice a country that made an impressive progress.
            You are going to speak about Japan but their team is made of fidjian, new zealand or South african players

Comment

First, using foreign players is common in rugby union. For example, Australia called up double-digit foreign-born players this time. Second, it's too much to say Japan is made of foreigners. Give them credit. Their local players are also good. Some of them have played in the Super Rugby (one of the best leagues) and the current top scorer and try leader are pure Japanese. We can't explain their progress without the improvement of their local players.

Comment

It suits our people.
                Rugby also requires stamina, agility, mental strength and discipline which we tend to lack.

FYI, the quarter-finals confirmed.

England vs Australia
                New Zealand vs Ireland
                Wales vs France
                Japan vs South Africa

Imo All Blacks and England are head and shoulders above the rest.

Comment

It suits our people.
                  Honestly I think American Football suits us best.
                  Gaining slowly (or fast) yards from opponent, step by step moving forward, use your weight and physics to block the opponent etc etc,,
                  Has a bit of wrestling as well.
                  I am only worried that fights brake out given the mentality of some of our people lol. But once the sport is settled, I think we will do well.
                  CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X