World’s Strongest Paralympian Siamand Rahman Dies at 31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World’s Strongest Paralympian Siamand Rahman Dies at 31

Rahman died after suffering a heart attack at the Nabi-akram Hospital in Oshnavieh, West Azerbaijan.

Powerlifting superstar Rahman, a two-time gold medalist in London 2012 and Rio 2016, was preparing to win his third successive gold at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.

Rahman broke the 300kg barrier in the men´s over 107kg at the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games, lifting an unprecedented 310kg. The mark he set is the equivalent of three baby elephants.

The Iranian powerlifter had already won three gold medals in the last three Asian Para Games (2010 Guangzhou, 2014 Incheon and 2018 Jakarta).

“It's great to be part of this awesome campaign. I am so excited to see we are getting closer to the Games,” said Rahman. “I can't wait to compete in Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. In Tokyo, everything is going to be between the bar and me. I will redraw the boundaries,” Rahman had said last year.

Rahman will be laid to rest in his hometown Oshnavieh on Monday.

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/445...nd-Rahman-dies

May he rest in peace. It was very sad to hear this news. :-(
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

I was shocked reading the news. So sad. But unfortunately not very unexpected given his weight conditions.

His record will be lasting for a long time.

Comment

Rest in Peace bro ❤️. Very sas news.

Comment

so sad, a great hero

RIP

Comment

So sad. May he rest in peace.
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

RIP Ghahreman. Great athlete and way too early to go.

Comment

Rest in peace.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Hard to say any words.
                  You loved Iran, and did what many people said was impossible.
                  RIP.

Comment

RIP

I would watch his paralympic record lift religiously at least once a month

Comment

RIP

Comment

Working...
                      X