• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^thanks bro. Any videos?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      ^thanks bro. Any videos?
      Not sure. I watched it on Flo Sports. I do know Instagram usually shows highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
        Gold for Amir YAZDANICHAR, AMOUZAD, Nokhodi, Firouspur and Zare. Mohamdian lost to Tazhudinov in Semi. Got bronze. Vafapour had a brain fart in his semi match. Almost looked like stage fright. Got bronze. Atri gave up 4 points literally in the last second of a match. He just broke down mentally. Eventually made his back I reperage, but lost in semi.

I was very impressed by Firouspour. The guy gave up 3 points in all his matches. All is the gold medal match. Also the last 2 point was as time expired, he didn’t really try to defend the shot.
        Thank you sir!
        How are we looking for the Olympics?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Thank you sir!
          How are we looking for the Olympics?
          Freestyle I think we have 3 qualified and 3 up for grabs. Amouzad, Yazdani and Zare’s spots are booked. Next weekend is the Asian qualifiers. I’m not quite sure about Greco off the top of my head. It will be interesting to see if Yazdani is even going to be fit for Olympics. We’ll have a better idea after next week. Just to see who is qualifying at 97, 74 and 57. Is Azaripa, Goleij or Ghasempour going to be the 97 guy? Is it Emami at 74? Is Savadkouhi cutting weight to get to 74? I mean the guy beat Burroughs and Sidakov.

Today we had 5 guys compete in Greco. Dadmarz got silver. Mohamadi got bronze. Abdi lost in the bronze match. Alizadeh and mirzazadeh both got gold.

Comment

^thanks bro. Any videos?
            Try the UWW youtube channel. Not all matches but some of our boys!

https://www.youtube.com/@UnitedWorldWrestling/videos
            “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Strong last day of Greco. Saravi and Esmaeli got gold. We also got 2 silver and 1 bronze.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                https://www.instagram.com/p/C2UnhuCApqg/

wow! Movahed returns to Iran and TM camp on invitation of dabir after so many years! Look how much it meant to him and all the wrestlers.

A living iranian legend and national icon!
                Give Movahed statue and parade already! Movahede aziz refused to train american wrestlers for all those years! Habibi refused to train foreigners too. Not even for tons of cash did they let Iran down. That generation of wrestlers were built differently. Real heroes.

Comment

Tomorrow is the olympic qualifiers. We have Ahamad Javan at 57kg, Yunes Emami at 74kg and Azaripa at 97kg. The finalists at each weight both qualify. Both Yunes and Azaripa are seeded 2nd. If they don’t have a let down, hopefully both will qualify.

In Greco we already have 4 that qualified. Kavianinejad at 77kg and Mohamapiani at 86KG are the 2 guys hunting for a spot. Kavianinejad is the number 1 seed and Mohamapiani a 3 seed.

Comment

Yunes Emami and Azarpira both qualified. Javan did not. So we qualified for 5 out of the 6 total freestyle weight classes.

Comment

Comment

In a shocking twist, two-time defending world champion and reigning Olympic gold medalist David Taylor will miss out on the 2024 Paris Games after losing to fellow Penn State product Aaron Brooks on Saturday night at the Olympic trials.​

Brooks, is a 23-year-old who just wrapped up his collegiate career with a fourth consecutive NCAA title.

Comment

In a shocking twist, two-time defending world champion and reigning Olympic gold medalist David Taylor will miss out on the 2024 Paris Games after losing to fellow Penn State product Aaron Brooks on Saturday night at the Olympic trials.​

Brooks, is a 23-year-old who just wrapped up his collegiate career with a fourth consecutive NCAA title.
                          He aged overnight. He was a shell of his former self last night. It’s crazy how fast you go downhill in freestyle wrestling. Last year he seemed like the best version of himself.

Comment

Imagine a guy like him go through a selection criteria before Olympics !
                            I dont agree he aged, he is still on top of his game, in one fight selection anything can happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A bit of highlights between Taylor and Brooks

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5_maQQv...s4aDZ5bW5ydw==

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                                Imagine a guy like him go through a selection criteria before Olympics !
                                I dont agree he aged, he is still on top of his game, in one fight selection anything can happen!

He got beat 2 times in a row by Brooks, best 2 out of 3 gets the spot. Taylor only scored 1 point in both matches combined. Taylor only had 2 matches, where as Brooks had to come out to the bracket to have the opportunity to face Taylor. He is going to be 34 this year. If you watched the matches, he looked nothing like the guy last year who beat Hassan.

Comment

Working...
                                X