Iranian Wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AGC View Post
    A few days after olympics is over. Ive gone from slight dissappointment of no Freestyle golds to unbelievable pride in what our guys have achieved. I am so fcking proud. We are greco kings, we are freestyle kings too (except we didnt get any golds)

Future looks bright.

In october we will have worlds if Albanians let us in their country this time.
    Wrestling wc with out Russia and Iran don't mean nothing.

If they don't let our guys in that's fine too since
    The crowd and atmosphere there will be so bad
    our players will lose confidence like football team in Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
      Not having any golds in FS last two Olympics is extremely disappointing but not exactly concerning. Granted we got unlucky with yazdani, Zare choked, and amouzad got surprisingly outclassed. All 3 were heavy favorites on betting line
      Dont think Amouzad was favorite, we all knew Japanese wrestler was amazing!
      And Zare vs Geno despite Zare edge on him last year, he was facing 10 times world and olympics medalist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post

Dont think Amouzad was favorite, we all knew Japanese wrestler was amazing!
        And Zare vs Geno despite Zare edge on him last year, he was facing 10 times world and olympics medalist!

Amouzad was actually a favorite. I went on the betting site right before the match and he was a -310. Thanks god, the odds weren’t good or I would have lost some money to add insult to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post

Amouzad was actually a favorite. I went on the betting site right before the match and he was a -310. Thanks god, the odds weren’t good or I would have lost some money to add insult to injury.
          that was right before the final. Before the tournament itself he wasn’t the main favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

that was right before the final. Before the tournament itself he wasn’t the main favorite.
            Ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Yazdani will operate his shoulder again.
              plan is gold in 28l.a.
              why not
              He deserve the chance.

If he can retire with 4 olympic medals
              2 gold and 2 silver
              He will go down lb for lb greatest fs persian wrestler of all time. And that is greatest thing in persian sport.....wrestling is still iran number 1 sport.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post

Amouzad was actually a favorite. I went on the betting site right before the match and he was a -310. Thanks god, the odds weren't good or I would have lost some money to add insult to injury.
                Not sure what the bet was based on! But clearly Japanese wrestler killed everyone before facing him and was clearly the best and deserved gold

Comment

Originally posted by oracle View Post
                  Yazdani will operate his shoulder again.
                  plan is gold in 28l.a.
                  why not
                  He deserve the chance.

If he can retire with 4 olympic medals
                  2 gold and 2 silver
                  He will go down lb for lb greatest fs persian wrestler of all time. And that is greatest thing in persian sport.....wrestling is still iran number 1 sport.
                  Dabir was saying Dr khob iran nadarim
                  He was against the idea of having operation in Iran before Olympics and said he will ensure this time Hasan does it outside

Comment

For whatever it’s worth, we are Olympic Freestyle champions according to Flowrestling site:
                    https://www.flowrestling.org/article...-2024-olympics

Comment

Dabir is an ass will remain one even if we end up winning gold in every weight!
                      Has not much to do being hezbi or not!
                      Shitting on every single wrestler
                      Calling Mirzazadeh bi orzeh
                      Calling Emami dareje 2
                      Shitting at azarpira because he failed to beat an amazing wrestler
                      Pretend he doesn't know a legend like Lopez name
                      Shitting at Yazdani, Kamran, pretty much everyone!
                      This is sign of piece of shit head of federation or boss!
                      Assume everything he says is right! Make everything public and avoid to solve the family problems inside the family is a real cheap shot!

https://youtu.be/km58SWzi8m8?si=6r-2bdXr4Om6xgEv

Comment

Does anyone know why Amir Yazdani didn't compete in Olympic weight(74) instead of his usual weight of 70!
                        I didn't follow the qualification though! And how Emami ended up being selected!

Comment

Calling Emami dareje 2
                          Assume everything he says is right! Make everything public and avoid to solve the family problems inside the family is a real cheap shot!

He's not a good man manager.
                          He is good at bringing money into wrestling and making sure the gov provides them what they need.

In terms of technical and psychological stuff, the federation needs someone else.

Comment

Since i dont have enough background knowledge about whats going on inside the Iranian Wrestling Federation and what exactly Dabir is doing there i cant judge if hes doin good or bad....but i can tell a little story how i once saw him in 2000 on a flight from Tehran to Mashad.

I entered the Plane and directly noticed Dabir sitting in the very first row of the Plane. He was very nice and polite and greeted everyone back with a smile that greeted him. I was not into wrestling at all and even less living in Germany for basically my whole life but from the Olympics just weeks before that i knew who he was. I took my seat just 2 rows behind him.
                            Before the take off, the Stewardess then came over to him and gave him a cup of water....he did not just do the "regular" taroof...he instead really stood up and offered his cup of water to every person in the first row (2x3 seats). The last Person was a elder Women on the opposite side of the row who also denied but he insisted that she drinks before he drinks.
                            Then the Steward brought him another Cup of Water but he said that he wont drink before everyone else got their drinks as well.

Comment

Calling Emami dareje 2

Its that old school mentality where he is wildly wielding his percieved right of demand bozorgtar salari.

Comment

Couple of our young lightweights just won golds in the World U-17!!!

Shamsipour at 48kg and Saeidi at 65kg

congratulations!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X